Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer of A*AA so need to get an A* in maths and an A in further maths.
    My AS units were:

Core1 = 85 UMS = A
    Core 2 = 93 UMS = A
    M1 = 94 UMS = A
    FP1 = 86 UMS = A
    S1 = 85 UMS = A
    D1 = 76 UMS = B

I've been told that they maximise your maths grade leaving a valid combination for further maths. I think they attributed C1, C2 and M1 to maths giving me a UMS of 91 which was an A and then put the others as further maths which gave me a UMS of 82 which is just about an A.

In class we have now finished learning C3, C4, M2 and FP4. We have just started FP3 and FP2 but I am behind on my work and have no idea how hard they will be so I was wondering how low I could get in those modules and still secure my A* and A.
    As a worst case scenario, I'm predicting:

Core 3 = 90 UMS = A*
    Core 4 = 90 UMS = A*
    M2 = 80 UMS = A
    FP4 = 80 UMS = A
    FP2 = 60 UMS = C
    FP3 = 60 UMS = C

Now I was wondering if it was possible to arrange my modules like this:

Maths: C1, C2, D1, C3, C4, FP3
    Further maths: M1, FP1, S1, M2, FP4, FP2

That would be an A* in maths as it would be an A overall (82 UMS) and core 3 and core 4 are 90 UMS.
    And that would be an A in further maths as it would be an average of 81 UMS.

Sorry that this post is really long and confusing. I don't know if the modules can be arranged this way but it would take a lot of pressure off if I knew I could get C's in FP2 and FP3 (even though I'm aiming for A's).

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You can't have FP3 in core maths, however, focus on getting 180 UMS in core 3/4 and doing as best as you can in the third to secure an A* in maths, swap FP3 for stats, and that's what modules They'll probably assign for core

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackherbert077)
    I have an offer of A*AA so need to get an A* in maths and an A in further maths.
    My AS units were:

Core1 = 85 UMS = A
    Core 2 = 93 UMS = A
    M1 = 94 UMS = A
    FP1 = 86 UMS = A
    S1 = 85 UMS = A
    D1 = 76 UMS = B

I've been told that they maximise your maths grade leaving a valid combination for further maths. I think they attributed C1, C2 and M1 to maths giving me a UMS of 91 which was an A and then put the others as further maths which gave me a UMS of 82 which is just about an A.

In class we have now finished learning C3, C4, M2 and FP4. We have just started FP3 and FP2 but I am behind on my work and have no idea how hard they will be so I was wondering how low I could get in those modules and still secure my A* and A.
    As a worst case scenario, I'm predicting:

Core 3 = 90 UMS = A*
    Core 4 = 90 UMS = A*
    M2 = 80 UMS = A
    FP4 = 80 UMS = A
    FP2 = 60 UMS = C
    FP3 = 60 UMS = C

Now I was wondering if it was possible to arrange my modules like this:

Maths: C1, C2, D1, C3, C4, FP3
    Further maths: M1, FP1, S1, M2, FP4, FP2

That would be an A* in maths as it would be an A overall (82 UMS) and core 3 and core 4 are 90 UMS.
    And that would be an A in further maths as it would be an average of 81 UMS.

Sorry that this post is really long and confusing. I don't know if the modules can be arranged this way but it would take a lot of pressure off if I knew I could get C's in FP2 and FP3 (even though I'm aiming for A's).

Thanks
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    You can't have FP3 in core maths, however, focus on getting 180 UMS in core 3/4 and doing as best as you can in the third to secure an A* in maths, swap FP3 for stats, and that's what modules They'll probably assign for core

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would this be a valid combination if I were to get 65 UMS in Fp2 and 70 ums in fp3?:

Maths: C1, c2, d1, c3, c4, m2
    Fm: fp1, fp2, fp3, fp4, m1, s1

ReputationRep:
    They prioritise maths marks over FM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackherbert077)
    Would this be a valid combination if I were to get 65 UMS in Fp2 and 70 ums in fp3?:

Maths: C1, c2, d1, c3, c4, m2
    Fm: fp1, fp2, fp3, fp4, m1, s1
    i dont believe so, having s1 instead of m2 would, however

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.