Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,I am currently applying for student finance for the year 2016/2017.

As I am an EU student and I haven't lived here in the UK for three years yet I know that I cannot receive a maintenance loan or grant.
    However, I recently read that I may have a chance in getting the loan if Im a child of a migrant worker.I came here in 2014 with my mum, and she came here to work and she currently has a job, does that mean that I can be entitled to it?
    She is a EU national aswell and she has been living in Italy for more than three years before we moved here in the UK.Please, if somebody can make this clear for me so I can understand if I can receive the loan or not.
    Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi truelyjessica

You can apply as the child of a migrant worker. Your parent would be required to be in employment for the full duration of your studies and we will request evidence.

Please complete the new student application form PN1: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
    and send it to:
    Migrant Worker Team Student Finance England PO Box 89 Darlington DL1 9AZThanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.