Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniesmithxxx)
    Ive applied for the 2017 intake at Edge Hill, Liverpool john moores, Bristol UWE, St Georges London and Birmingham city. So far i have been given an interview for Edge Hill but was rejected by Bristol for a 'lack of evidence of experience'. I personally thought i had quite a lot of experience. Has any one else been rejected so far?
    Ive also been rejected from Bristol UWE for lack of experience as well, yet have been offered an interview from my other choices, i thought i had a lot of experience as well with voluntary work, st johns and paid experience in a hospital but maybe it just wasn't relevant enough for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _homesick__)
    Looking for people who had their staffs interview today.. how did it go for everyone else?

I'm kicking myself now because on reflection, I've realised the correct answer to one question
    I had mine yesterday, I feel my interview could have gone better! Kicking myself at some of the stuff I didn't say..
    Did you say and answer wrong or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0liverJohn)
    I had mine yesterday, I feel my interview could have gone better! Kicking myself at some of the stuff I didn't say..
    Did you say and answer wrong or?
    Yeah so I don't wanna post interview questions on here but one could've been answered with the college of paramedics and I completely stumped and said something similiar to what they do, but not them.
    I also just realised I never mentioned I did observing shifts with EMAS which probably would have been a good thing to say.

My interview lasted nearly 40 minutes because we were chatting about a load of stuff haha. I was prompted on a few questions and was slightly nervous so had word vomit but what will be, will be I suppose!
    I really loved the uni though! And the lecturers were all so nice and approachable

Also the students demonstration was so interesting and I loved getting involved having a go myself haha. How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so I don't wanna post interview questions on here but one could've been answered with the college of paramedics and I completely stumped and said something similiar to what they do, but not them.
    I also just realised I never mentioned I did observing shifts with EMAS which probably would have been a good thing to say.

My interview lasted nearly 40 minutes because we were chatting about a load of stuff haha. I was prompted on a few questions and was slightly nervous so had word vomit but what will be, will be I suppose!
    I really loved the uni though! And the lecturers were all so nice and approachable

Also the students demonstration was so interesting and I loved getting involved having a go myself haha. How did yours go?
    Yeah, but don't worry I missed out bit's of experience too.
    Me too, I think I was prompted on one or two, I feel I drifted too.. At one point I told her that I just had so much I wanted to talk about which was really making me nervous.
    The uni is awesome, I loved the facilities and highlighted this in my interview. The student's were also great, and very honest! I was thinking the same with the lecturers too, they were very friendly. If I get an offer I will probably accept it straight away, my favorite choice!

Just a quick one, do you have a link to the coventry mock Maths and Numeracy test's?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but don't worry I missed out bit's of experience too.
    Me too, I think I was prompted on one or two, I feel I drifted too.. At one point I told her that I just had so much I wanted to talk about which was really making me nervous.
    The uni is awesome, I loved the facilities and highlighted this in my interview. The student's were also great, and very honest! I was thinking the same with the lecturers too, they were very friendly. If I get an offer I will probably accept it straight away, my favorite choice!

Just a quick one, do you have a link to the coventry mock Maths and Numeracy test's?
    Yeah at one point I drifted so much I asked him to repeat the question lol. But he was so easy to talk to, he had so much experience and also got into teaching and the ambulance service through doing an access course so he could relate with how difficult it is working full time and trying to study.

Some people were done in like 15 minutes though I kind of feel bad I kept him talking for so long haha. Yeah I missed the open day so I didn't particularly have an opinion on them beforehand but after today they are high up on my list!

And yeah, I dunno if it'll let me link in here but I'll give it a go! https://curve.coventry.ac.uk/cu/file...ltiscreen.html

ReputationRep:
    Yeah at one point I drifted so much I asked him to repeat the question lol. But he was so easy to talk to, he had so much experience and also got into teaching and the ambulance service through doing an access course so he could relate with how difficult it is working full time and trying to study.

Some people were done in like 15 minutes though I kind of feel bad I kept him talking for so long haha. Yeah I missed the open day so I didn't particularly have an opinion on them beforehand but after today they are high up on my list!

And yeah, I dunno if it'll let me link in here but I'll give it a go! https://curve.coventry.ac.uk/cu/file...ltiscreen.html
    same xD I was like 'sorry I forgot the question now'
    Maybe that's a good thing though! And oh my lord, please say we can use calculator's

ReputationRep:
    And oh my lord, please say we can use calculator's
    I hope so!! A couple people I met today have their Cov interview next Wednesday too and they were saying they hope we're allowed a calculator haha. I might ring up and ask lol

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from sheffield Hallam or Birmingham about interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaJay21)
    Has anyone heard anything from sheffield Hallam or Birmingham about interviews yet?
    Yeah I heard from BCU last week so my interview date is now chosen for February

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaJay21)
    Not yet, but I think they take a while to go through applications anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    For Staffordshire did you have to do a maths and english on the interview day or was it online? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ame32)
    Hey,
    For Staffordshire did you have to do a maths and english on the interview day or was it online? Thank you
    No they got rid of it this year

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied to Northampton, UWE, Canterbury, Brookes and Brighton. So far I've only heard back from Northampton offering an interview in march. I don't know if I should be worried I haven't heard anything from any of the others?

I also don't have much experience, only being a first aider in my job as a retail manager. But I have previously studied biomedical science at UWE,

I'm probably just being paranoid but any advice would be greatly appreciated 😋

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sean_3794)
    Hi,

I've applied to Northampton, UWE, Canterbury, Brookes and Brighton. So far I've only heard back from Northampton offering an interview in march. I don't know if I should be worried I haven't heard anything from any of the others?

I also don't have much experience, only being a first aider in my job as a retail manager. But I have previously studied biomedical science at UWE,

I'm probably just being paranoid but any advice would be greatly appreciated 😋
    Northampton reply pretty quickly so I wouldn't be worried that you haven't heard from others yet. I haven't heard from BCU or SHU yet and I submitted my ucas on 1.12.16 ☺️

As for experience, you have loads of communication skills as a manager, able to deal with unhappy customers etc, work as a team with your colleagues, show care towards you customers and you also have your first course to mention. One student at SHU used to be a chef, but because he could apply his qualities to being a paramedic, he got in. So anything is possible!

ReputationRep:
    No they got rid of it this year
    Oh right! Thank you! was the interview okay? and were there little group activities? Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ame32)
    Oh right! Thank you! was the interview okay? and were there little group activities? Thanks a lot!
    The man I had for my interview was lovely, can't remember his name but I think he was the older of the 3 men that were interviewing. He has great experience and is easy to chat with. Then again, all the lecturers seemed nice and approachable! It's a really relaxed day so there's no need to be worried about anything ~unlike me lol~

The group activity is just so that they can see how you communicate to one another in a team. We can't talk about uni interview process but I'll say just don't worry about the outcome of the group task, concerntrate more on how you communicate with others Don't be too quiet or speak over people etc. I hope that helps! And good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just got up for work, checked my emails and seen I've got an offer from Staffordshire uni!!

I'm so happy

I honestly thought I chuffed that interview up, clearly not!

ReputationRep:
    The man I had for my interview was lovely, can't remember his name but I think he was the older of the 3 men that were interviewing. He has great experience and is easy to chat with. Then again, all the lecturers seemed nice and approachable! It's a really relaxed day so there's no need to be worried about anything ~unlike me lol~

The group activity is just so that they can see how you communicate to one another in a team. We can't talk about uni interview process but I'll say just don't worry about the outcome of the group task, concerntrate more on how you communicate with others Don't be too quiet or speak over people etc. I hope that helps! And good luck
    Thank you so much! Congratulations, I saw you have an offer! Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview at Brookes last week, great day, they let us play in the Skills Labs! Had a reply from Bournemouth saying no. Anyone else heard from Brookes yet after an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoe1208)
    Had an interview at Brookes last week, great day, they let us play in the Skills Labs! Had a reply from Bournemouth saying no. Anyone else heard from Brookes yet after an interview?
    Yep, had an interview with them last Wednesday and have received an offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.