Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _homesick__)
    First interview is always the worst I find, cos you're finding your feet and getting that confidence to speak to people who know the role inside out and obviously teach it. Saying that, I got an offer from my first interview and put on a reserve list for my second interview lol, so I guess first time nerves must've been a good thing in a weird way.

SHU was my first choice, but the idea of being placed in nursing homes and GP surgeries for the first year is a bit of a dampener as I've already worked in A&E for 3 years so it's sort of a step back? Well feels like that anyway. They said it was because first years fed back that being put into an ambulance straight away was dawnting, which I understand, but that's kinda the job of a pramedic at the end of the day.

Either way, it seemed like a lovely uni on the open day and the students couldn't praise it enough!
    Yeah, if i was a course leader and students were saying being on an ambulance is daunting then I would tell them that there in the wrong job! Are you a student. Or have you graduated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaJay21)
    Anyone else anxiously waiting for a result from Northampton?
    I've got Northampton week after next (8th) what was the interview like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natli1234)
    Yeah, if i was a course leader and students were saying being on an ambulance is daunting then I would tell them that there in the wrong job! Are you a student. Or have you graduated?
    Neither haha I just have an offer from staffs uni so far lol
    Got put on the reserve list for Northampton, I withdrew from Coventry and I have an interview for SHU coming up. Waiting to hear from BCU still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoe1208)
    I've got Northampton week after next (8th) what was the interview like?
    Horrendous. The day in itself is fun, but they watch and analyse you so much. And you have to be 100% on point with your interview answers. i didn't answer a couple of questions 100% how they wanted me too (it was reflected in my feedback) so just got put on the reserve list.

ReputationRep:
    Neither haha I just have an offer from staffs uni so far lol
    Got put on the reserve list for Northampton, I withdrew from Coventry and I have an interview for SHU coming up. Waiting to hear from BCU still.
    When's your interview at SHU?

ReputationRep:
    When's your interview at SHU?
    17th march

ReputationRep:
    17th march
    Mines 20th Feb so will let you know what to expect! 😬

ReputationRep:
    Mines 20th Feb so will let you know what to expect! 😬
    I already have an idea from a current student there but any advice is welcomed! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied for Coventry, Bcu and Worcester. Coventry is my 1st choice, i've had the interview so now i'm waiting to hear. I'm quite abit older though, i'm 35.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else not heard back from SGUL with an interview date or rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanRHwood)
    Has anyone else not heard back from SGUL with an interview date or rejection?
    I haven't heard back from SGUL yet either 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahjane)
    I haven't heard back from SGUL yet either 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, when was our application sent ff? Mid November here and feeling worried because I hoped to have them as my firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanRHwood)
    Hi, when was our application sent ff? Mid November here and feeling worried because I hoped to have them as my firm choice.
    Mine was sent off on the 20th November. Hopefully we hear something back soon🤞🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard from BCU either, the wait is killing me 😩

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering how long you waited for a reply? I've had an interview 2 weeks ago and still waiting? not sure if thats good or bad..

is it to early to give them a call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayne-1)
    Hi, just wondering how long you waited for a reply? I've had an interview 2 weeks ago and still waiting? not sure if thats good or bad..

is it to early to give them a call?
    Which uni did you have an interview at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivvyBell)
    Cambridge or Chelmsford? I'll be at Cambridge!
    Ahhh really what a shame ill be a Chelmsford

ReputationRep:
    Coventry & BCU

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got/had an interview at Greenwich? I have one coming up and I'm not sure what to expect in terms of whether it's a group or panel or one to one interview!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer from SHU and are going to accept it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.