Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _homesick__)
    Try doing an access to nursing course? Getting a job as a HCA will also give you really good experience and then just work on passing your driving test

Although when I applied I didn't have a license, I now do and have applied for c1 provisional which was good to tell unis at interview

The only problem with the access course is in my college they only tend to take one those people who haven't been in education for a couple years! I tried to get onto an access course a few years ago but didn't get a place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanj0nes)
    Aw no! I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get in! Hopefully next year we will get in! I am hoping to get more experience within the health sector. I really neee to knuckle down and get my license and C in maths!
    Yeah hopefully 2018 will be the year we both get in to uni ! Good luck with getting your licence and your C in Maths

ReputationRep:
    The only problem with the access course is in my college they only tend to take one those people who haven't been in education for a couple years! I tried to get onto an access course a few years ago but didn't get a place!
    Wow really? We have like 19 year olds who have just finished A levels on my access course! Try another college? Or maybe look into doing one through open uni? I'd definitely try and get a job as a HCA though, such good experience for patient contact/communication, learning basic skills like obs, assisting with personal care etc and there's usually opportunity to do cannulation and ECGs as well which is good to know before becoming a student paramedic 🙂

ReputationRep:
    What college are you in? I'm just finishing my access course and I've firmed for Worcester in Sept. Try having a word with one of your tutors, see if they can help you. I have all ages on my course.

Good luck with it all 😆

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer1021998)
    Yeah hopefully 2018 will be the year we both get in to uni ! Good luck with getting your licence and your C in Maths

Yes hopefully! Aw thank you so much! Good luck with getting into uni too!

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _homesick__)
    Wow really? We have like 19 year olds who have just finished A levels on my access course! Try another college? Or maybe look into doing one through open uni? I'd definitely try and get a job as a HCA though, such good experience for patient contact/communication, learning basic skills like obs, assisting with personal care etc and there's usually opportunity to do cannulation and ECGs as well which is good to know before becoming a student paramedic 🙂

Yeah I will do! thank you for your advice!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I have a selection event for SHU on the 21st of April has anyone elese got this day?

I'm super nervouse as well any tips or experiances of the day are more than welcome

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Worcester and didn't get in so they have put me on a course which I didn't wanna do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrycja1)
    I have applied for Worcester and didn't get in so they have put me on a course which I didn't wanna do.
    At some unis if you are unsuccessful in once course but they still like your application they can put it in a pool where other courses can give you an offer if they like you. Even though its not the course you wanted atleast the uni wanted you, its not the end of the world if its a good course and if you have offers from other unis for the course you want

ReputationRep:
    I have just been accepted to start Paramedic science at swansea uni, i was just wondering if anyone can offer advice on the OT that we have to supply

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.

Looking for some advice. I'm 21 and I have previously applied for Bsc(Hons) Paramedic Science. First time round I didn't get any interviews. However, second time around I got some interviews but failed to get a place. Since then I've kinda lost hope in ever actually getting into university.

I'm still learning to drive, my test is very soon and I need to retake my GCSE Maths (I was 3 marks off a C). I have studied BTEC Level 2 Public Services and both BTEC Level 3 - Extended Diploma in Public Services and Health and Social Care and achieved triple distinction * for both. I volunteer for St Johns Ambulance. Is there anything else I can do to aid my application for the next intake?

Thank you in advance,
    Shan (:
    Dont give up someone on my course has just been accepted at swansea and they are 17 years of age. Another person has applied 7 years in a row and only this year they have offered her a place.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's thoughts regarding Placement blocks vs Placement spread over a couple of days a week throughout the whole year? Never encountered the 2nd option until I got to Brighton Uni's interview, personally I prefer the idea of blocks of placements where you do a full shift pattern, whereas a couple of days a week may not give you a full range of experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoe1208)
    What's everyone's thoughts regarding Placement blocks vs Placement spread over a couple of days a week throughout the whole year? Never encountered the 2nd option until I got to Brighton Uni's interview, personally I prefer the idea of blocks of placements where you do a full shift pattern, whereas a couple of days a week may not give you a full range of experience
    Doesn't sound great to me, I wouldn't want to be switching around constantly, probably be tired constantly, especially with night shifts involved. Better to have nice planned blocks with your shifts known well in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Bournemouth!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoe1208)
    Offer from Bournemouth!!
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Looking to apply for Paramedic Science for Sept 2018, started looking at unis early to get ahead of the game!

Has anyone applied/had interviews for Lincoln university? Also looking at Northampton, UEA, Anglia Ruskin and Portsmouth so any info on those unis would be helpful!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeiris95)
    Hi all,

Looking to apply for Paramedic Science for Sept 2018, started looking at unis early to get ahead of the game!

Has anyone applied/had interviews for Lincoln university? Also looking at Northampton, UEA, Anglia Ruskin and Portsmouth so any info on those unis would be helpful!

Thanks!
    I had an interview at Northampton uni and I liked it on the open day, but I thought interview day was a little disorganised and weren't nearly as friendly as the staff at Staffordshire Uni. I believe it's a highly rated uni tho, however I think this year is the last year they're doing the NHS funding.

ReputationRep:
    I agree on the Northampton front, the interview day took all day but we seemed to be having breaks every 5 minutes, would have been better if it just ran through and got done within a few hours

ReputationRep:
    They did give me a £25 amazon voucher for attending their interview though

ReputationRep:
    Hello!I have a place at Plymouth university for paramedic science starting sep 2017. Anyone else going to Plymouth this year for this course??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 6, 2017

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.