Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What have you applied for?
    Architecture with placement

Where are you from?
    Malaysia

What are you studying at the moment?
    Maths, Chemistry and Physics

What accommodation(s) are you interested in?
    Marlborough and Solsbury Court

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bath~Student)
    ie "I have too much money."
    You have too much free time. Go out for a breath of fresh air, will do your mood some good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessedoell)
    Oh nice haha, nope I go to garden you went to klass i assume
    yeah it was a while back though, i'm living in dubai now

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics with placement

Where are you from?
    Oxford

Maths, Further Maths and Physics

Woodland Court

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Applied for Civil Engineering with Architecture
    From EU
    Gap year student
    Eastwood, John Wood Court i guess

is there anyone applied for the same course??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAN97)
    Architecture with placement

Where are you from?
    Malaysia

Maths, Chemistry and Physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you accept it as your firm?

ReputationRep:
    hi can anyone login or register for student accommodation?
    mine says 'registration is currently unavailable'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supermarioluigi)
    hi can anyone login or register for student accommodation?
    mine says 'registration is currently unavailable'
    Mine says that too. I think we can only register the day accommodation opens on the 12th.

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Bath! (I had an unconditional offer so definitely going there)

Physics with Professional Placement & Research Placement

Where are you from?
    Hungary, but currently living in Switzerland

Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Calculus (AP courses)

Not sure yet. I guess Marlborough and Solsbury Court and the Quads look nice...

Any other pole dancers here?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by marytiganas)
    BSc Management with Placement - has anyone here studied this, any opinions? How are the placements - can you choose what city/company to work for?
    Where are you from?
    Romania
    Social sciences, entrepreneurship, economics
    Polden Court or The Quads - Please, could you give me any recommendation regarding them? Do they both have large bedroom, double bed, catered food? Which do you consider better? Thank you
    Hi,

I am a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath so I have a good understanding of the BSc Management course.

With the placement we have a number of partner companies that you can apply for through the university. Our Management specific placement team organise this for us, which is convenient. As a first year, this list seems hasn't been made clear to us therefore I can not help too much. I have friends doing BBA first year and their placement team gave them many options. Should you wish to work in an industry that isn't covered by our connections you are free to search for your own placement and apply wherever you would like, providing it is valuable experience of course. Our placement team are brilliant and very supportive, even in these early stages of first year. You certainly do not have anything to worry about!

The course itself is great, the Management Suite stick together for the year so you get to make plenty of friends. Everybody on the course knows each other, this is a great environment to be working in. All of the professors are very friendly and approachable, making it the perfect environment to learn in. You will have a great time!

As with my responses to others regarding accommodation, there is no such thing as the best accommodation, it is about what is best for yourself. Polden Court has larger rooms than Quads and has double beds whilst Quads is single. Polden Court also has £55 catering credit per week (enough to be fully catered) whilst Quads is only £27.50. Do you want to cook your own food sometimes, or would you prefer to be fully catered?

Hayden

ReputationRep:
    Why do more people seem to be applying to Marlborough and Solsbury over The Quads? Is there something that makes it more attractive besides the bigger rooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessedoell)
    Why do more people seem to be applying to Marlborough and Solsbury over The Quads? Is there something that makes it more attractive besides the bigger rooms?
    The 825 pound difference in price.

ReputationRep:
    Opinions on en-suite or communal shower and toilet? Can't decide between them.
    Are people living in Norwood constantly disturbed by activities in the SU?
    The number of people per flat in Marlborough and Solsbury seems relatively small, is this a problem with getting to know people?
    Do you recommend first year students to be in self-catered or catered accommodation?
    Are the photos on the website a good representation of all the rooms within each accommodation?
    Does any accommodation block have relatively small rooms other than the Quads?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james7777)
    Opinions on en-suite or communal shower and toilet? Can't decide between them.
    Are people living in Norwood constantly disturbed by activities in the SU?
    The number of people per flat in Marlborough and Solsbury seems relatively small, is this a problem with getting to know people?
    Do you recommend first year students to be in self-catered or catered accommodation?
    Are the photos on the website a good representation of all the rooms within each accommodation?
    Does any accommodation block have relatively small rooms other than the Quads?

Thanks in advance!
    I recommend a non En-Suite, self-catered accommodation block of about a dozen which does everything you need, ie a shared kitchen, shower and bathroom. Eastwood meets all the requirements, so I can recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Bath a couple of days ago

MEng Chemical Engineering with placement

Where are you from?
    Co.Down, Northern Ireland

Chemistry, Physics and Maths

No clue yet .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kk_1997)
    Firmed Bath a couple of days ago

MEng Chemical Engineering with placement

Where are you from?
    Co.Down, Northern Ireland

Chemistry, Physics and Maths

No clue yet .
    In the spirit of a fellow chemical engineer's intelligence, how about Eastwood?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many places we pick for accommodation? Already picked my 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    Anyone know how many places we pick for accommodation? Already picked my 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You just answered your own question

ReputationRep:
    If i apply on the 13th do i still have a good chance at getting the accommodation i want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssamarai)
    If i apply on the 13th do i still have a good chance at getting the accommodation i want?
    Depends what you want, from what I've heard the popular choices like Marlborough and Solsbury etc are fully allocated within a few hours on the first day! Just do it as soon as and hope I guess?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.