Outline the jurisdiction of the courtsWatch
We have an assessment tomorrow and this is one of the questions.It's for AQA Law 01 civil courts and adr. I know the topic but I've never seen this question and I'm not sure exactly what to write about. Thanks.
1. Outline the court structure in England & Wales
2. State the difference between Criminal and Civil courts
3. Begin at first instance: take an offence, at the Magistrates' Court and outline the Magistrates' abilities and limitation. Then County, High, Appelate, Supreme.
4. Talk about the different divisions of the High Court (QBD, ChD); then the Privvy Council
5. Which courts can bind the others
6. Conclude by talking about the general jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales as a whole.
Hope it helps and that you see this before the exam!