Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We have an assessment tomorrow and this is one of the questions.It's for AQA Law 01 civil courts and adr. I know the topic but I've never seen this question and I'm not sure exactly what to write about. Thanks.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by abigayle_aloud)
    We have an assessment tomorrow and this is one of the questions.It's for AQA Law 01 civil courts and adr. I know the topic but I've never seen this question and I'm not sure exactly what to write about. Thanks.
    I don't do A Level law, never did. But I have a degree or two in it. This is how I would approach the question:

1. Outline the court structure in England & Wales

2. State the difference between Criminal and Civil courts

3. Begin at first instance: take an offence, at the Magistrates' Court and outline the Magistrates' abilities and limitation. Then County, High, Appelate, Supreme.

4. Talk about the different divisions of the High Court (QBD, ChD); then the Privvy Council

5. Which courts can bind the others

6. Conclude by talking about the general jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales as a whole.

Hope it helps and that you see this before the exam!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.