Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    iv had a boyfriend for over 2 years and he is the best but he also does drugs and what not and it kills our relationship, he also drinks so much too. Anyway I met this other boy about a year ago and he was just so nice to me he's really lovely and we've been talking for about a year, he flirts with me and sometimes I flirt back. Advice?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should do what's best for you, if the first guy isn't good for you and the second one makes you feel happier and safer then maybe choosing him would be best?

ReputationRep:
    You can't look at your relationships with these guys as reasons for wanting to be with each one, look at the relationship you're in now, are you happy? If not see if you can change anything or speak to your partner to see if you can work it out but if not get out of the relationship and pursue the new guy if that's what you want

My ex boyfriend was into drugs and it got to the point where him and his friend started dealing. Sometimes when we were at his he'd suggest going for a walk or to the shop etc and he would end up making drop offs on route and looking back I know that I could have got in a lot of trouble if caught. I tried asking him to stop the drugs which he did for a few weeks but went back to them. I'm so happy I ended it before there were any serious implications. It could have had an impact on the rest of my life.

If he chooses drugs over you get out while you can. It will only get deeper / more serious - and you may end up getting involved / in trouble. Besides the other guy seems like a much better option!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My ex boyfriend was into drugs and it got to the point where him and his friend started dealing. Sometimes when we were at his he'd suggest going for a walk or to the shop etc and he would end up making drop offs on route and looking back I know that I could have got in a lot of trouble if caught. I tried asking him to stop the drugs which he did for a few weeks but went back to them. I'm so happy I ended it before there were any serious implications. It could have had an impact on the rest of my life.

If he chooses drugs over you get out while you can. It will only get deeper / more serious - and you may end up getting involved / in trouble. Besides the other guy seems like a much better option!
    yea it's really hard isn't it, thank you so much x

ReputationRep:
    do what makes you happy. if the current relationship is stressing you out etc, i think you should leave, because things may get worse. if you do leave, then see if you are happy with the other boy etc. don't jump straight into it tho, but do what u think is best. good luck with everything hun. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rojina1)
    do what makes you happy. if the current relationship is stressing you out etc, i think you should leave, because things may get worse. if you do leave, then see if you are happy with the other boy etc. don't jump straight into it tho, but do what u think is best. good luck with everything hun. x
    Thank You so much, great advice xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    he dumped me today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.