Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like someone that I barely know and she barely knows me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

There's this person I like. She knows who I am as my sister is her sister's friend. I see her in the gym all the time and we smile at each other.

I also have her on Facebook (which shows that she knows me!).

To the question, I am wondering if it'd seem a bit 'weird' to message her on Facebook, just casually, like 'Hi'.

Thank you,
    Jake.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine talking to her as one of your friends. Accidentally message her and try turning that into a conversation? Then mention how you see her in the gym sometimes and start from there.

A little bit of confidence goes a long way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 152mmOfDerp)
    Imagine talking to her as one of your friends. Accidentally message her and try turning that into a conversation? Then mention how you see her in the gym sometimes and start from there.

A little bit of confidence goes a long way.
    So, I could inbox her like 'Hi. I see you in the gym'?

ReputationRep:
    I messaged girls in my classes whom I barely talk to all the time when Im bored, cmon man grow a pair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RugbyJake16)
    So, I could inbox her like 'Hi. I see you in the gym'?
    You've got the right idea although I'd edit it to "hey, don't I see you in the gym?"

If your worried about what she may think (don't worry this is normal ) then imagine what you would do if someone you occasionally saw in the gym messaged you on FB. Would you hate them? No. Would you never speak to them? No. Would you become friends with? Yes.

Think of it like that and you'll be fine talking to her!

Good luck, girls aren't aliens from a galaxy far far away :lol: ...

ReputationRep:
    You can tell her about it or you will never success

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RugbyJake16)
    Hey all,

There's this person I like. She knows who I am as my sister is her sister's friend. I see her in the gym all the time and we smile at each other.

I also have her on Facebook (which shows that she knows me!).

To the question, I am wondering if it'd seem a bit 'weird' to message her on Facebook, just casually, like 'Hi'.

Thank you,
    Jake.
    Probably just a **** crush, it'll pass.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.