The Student Room Group

WJEC as ict

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 28/01/2016
Try to achieve full marks on your coursework it will put you in a very good position, and how much have you got left?

Not much, just the straggly bits (and the most annoying bits). I could probably get the rest of it done in a few hours. On a B as of now, but I'm not far from the A.
I am doing my ICT A-Level for the second time. DO NOT use the textbooks as your primary revision, use the mark schemes.

When doing WJEC ICT you must throw all common sense out of the window, do not trust/use your own logic or WJEC will burn you. You need to be able to remember the answers to the questions + give a decent example.
Original post by abrack
Not much, just the straggly bits (and the most annoying bits). I could probably get the rest of it done in a few hours. On a B as of now, but I'm not far from the A.

That's really good, everyone in our ICT class (our class only had around 6 people in it, I go to a small sixth form) got A's in coursework but unfortunately the exam let them down because they didn't revise mark schemes, which is a shame because everyone was doing quite well in class.
Original post by lemon haze
i am doing my ict a-level for the second time. do not use the textbooks as your primary revision, use the mark schemes.

When doing wjec ict you must throw all common sense out of the window, do not trust/use your own logic or wjec will burn you. You need to be able to remember the answers to the questions + give a decent example.

well written!!!! This is 100000% accurate!!!!
Original post by Lemon Haze
I am doing my ICT A-Level for the second time. DO NOT use the textbooks as your primary revision, use the mark schemes.

When doing WJEC ICT you must throw all common sense out of the window, do not trust/use your own logic or WJEC will burn you. You need to be able to remember the answers to the questions + give a decent example.

Thanks for the advice! I heard about that. My teacher said don't even bother using personal knowledge because it probably won't match the mark scheme. One good thing about WJEC is that they just recycle the questions every couple of years!
Original post by abrack
Thanks for the advice! I heard about that. My teacher said don't even bother using personal knowledge because it probably won't match the mark scheme. One good thing about WJEC is that they just recycle the questions every couple of years!

More like every year, they don't usually ask completely different styles of questions but be a bit cautious because when I sat this exam the question before the spreadsheet section was completely different to previous years although I believe it was still slightly related to simulation modelling but I don't quite remember.
Original post by abrack

That's why you must literally remember the answers to the questions in the mark schemes, they are usually very repetitive. For example in A2 the first few questions I can guarantee always include "Needs of the user"/HCI which I know in my head can only have so many possible answers.

(I forgot all about AS, maybe I should revise more, oops)
Original post by Leviathan1741
I do still have all of my notes/model answers from ICT (A2 only). I could email them to you if you like? :smile:

Hi, would you mind terribly if I asked you to send your notes my way? I'd highly appreciate it, I'm not doing too well at the moment. :smile:
Original post by 28/01/2016
Hey, I have a resource for AS that you might like, basically for all the past papers what I did was get the exam questions put them into a word doc and copy and paste the mark scheme answers for them underneath is so that the question and answer is on the same page, I did this for about 12 past papers! Let me know if you're interested.

Hi, would you mind if I asked you to email me these notes of yours? I would highly appreciate the help! :smile:
Original post by HannahJay1
Hi, would you mind if I asked you to email me these notes of yours? I would highly appreciate the help! :smile:

Yeah sure, pm me your email. :smile:
Original post by HannahJay1
Hi, would you mind terribly if I asked you to send your notes my way? I'd highly appreciate it, I'm not doing too well at the moment. :smile:

Hiya, of course. If you PM me your email address I can send them to you that way :h:
do you still have the notes, can I get them as well please? I’m really struggling

I do still have all of my notes/model answers from ICT (A2 only). I could email them to you if you like? :smile:
Have you still got the notes can I get them as well please?

Hiya, of course. If you PM me your email address I can send them to you that way :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending