The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Law at University of Newcastle

I have an offer to study Law at Newcastle University but concerned about what will happen if i'm not able to achieve three A's in my A level results. Could someone explain how strict Newcastle are for entry requirements?
Last year they were in clearing, but it is still very unpredictable. It basically comes down to luck and how far you would be from AAA.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
What are Newcastle like with the subjects you take? I take science subjects (I was set on doing biology or biomed. at uni in year 11 and here I am). Do they show preference for people who have taken humanities based subjects?
Original post by AndrewKn0x
What are Newcastle like with the subjects you take? I take science subjects (I was set on doing biology or biomed. at uni in year 11 and here I am). Do they show preference for people who have taken humanities based subjects?

Traditional subjects are looked favourably upon whether they are sciences or humanities. This also shows you aren't thick, anyone can get an A in a humanity with hard work, but for sciences you need to work even harder and smarter. Moreover, some universities actually prefer you to have more analytical and technical subjects.
Original post by 0123456543210
Traditional subjects are looked favourably upon whether they are sciences or humanities. This also shows you aren't thick, anyone can get an A in a humanity with hard work, but for sciences you need to work even harder and smarter. Moreover, some universities actually prefer you to have more analytical and technical subjects.

Ok thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending