Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quality of Apple chargers and batteries watch

ReputationRep:
    I am so angry at the very low quality of Apple products. My laptop charger just frayed and I take such good care of it so I don't understand. It costs £65 to get a new one!

Also I have had countless iPhone chargers break and they sometimes last like 6 months only.

iPhone battery, however, is the thing I am most mad about. When I got an ipod touch at first the battery was all fine then suddenly it would start overheating and dying at 42%. I would wait 10 minutes, switch it back on, take a photo or use it for 5 minutes and it would die again. I could continue this so it clearly had battery left. Then same problem with iPhone. My phone sometimes is very good and lasts for the majority of the day but sometimes at school I would feel it overheating and at only 9:30 am it would be at 30% or less. Same thing with my old 4S.

Last thing, they intentionally make the iPhones slower with each iOS update so we go and buy the newest model. I saw once on the BBC or something, they had a graph where the X-axis was time and they plotted the release of each iPhone on the line. On y-axis they had the number of google searches for 'iphone slow' and each time before a release of a new model, the number of searches would peak dramatically. I think it is very unfair and at first I thought it was just me and I had just become to demanding of my phone etc. But now I am sure that they make it slow by purpose.

Anyways, the point of this is to see if anyone has experienced any of the above problems.
    Also I want to know is there a way we can do anything or are there any consumer laws to protect us because Apple products cost so much that you would expect a higher quality but obviously not.

I know people will say buy Android but I really do not like the feel of android nor can I ask for a new phone atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahorizon)
    I am so angry at the very low quality of Apple products. My laptop charger just frayed and I take such good care of it so I don't understand. It costs £65 to get a new one!

Also I have had countless iPhone chargers break and they sometimes last like 6 months only.

iPhone battery, however, is the thing I am most mad about. When I got an ipod touch at first the battery was all fine then suddenly it would start overheating and dying at 42%. I would wait 10 minutes, switch it back on, take a photo or use it for 5 minutes and it would die again. I could continue this so it clearly had battery left. Then same problem with iPhone. My phone sometimes is very good and lasts for the majority of the day but sometimes at school I would feel it overheating and at only 9:30 am it would be at 30% or less. Same thing with my old 4S.

Last thing, they intentionally make the iPhones slower with each iOS update so we go and buy the newest model. I saw once on the BBC or something, they had a graph where the X-axis was time and they plotted the release of each iPhone on the line. On y-axis they had the number of google searches for 'iphone slow' and each time before a release of a new model, the number of searches would peak dramatically. I think it is very unfair and at first I thought it was just me and I had just become to demanding of my phone etc. But now I am sure that they make it slow by purpose.

Anyways, the point of this is to see if anyone has experienced any of the above problems.
    Also I want to know is there a way we can do anything or are there any consumer laws to protect us because Apple products cost so much that you would expect a higher quality but obviously not.

I know people will say buy Android but I really do not like the feel of android nor can I ask for a new phone atm.
    Apple offer a guarantee on their chargers, you just have to take the broken one in (as long as it is an official apple one) and they replace it for free. I'm only aware of it on phone chargers, never tried with my macbook, and I think it is on chargers up to 2 years old.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.