Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by leavingthecity)
    I think it was the one about one of our soldiers raping a child that was in the news.

I'm fine with aggression (referencing our other discussion about our area of work) I've built up quite a tolerance, I'm just not used to..... you just don't get "soooo salty!" used much on the trading floor do you? I literally don't get the salty haters thing. I literally couldn't even give definitions of either of these words. I'm new here and confused.
    I'll check that out.

Right, i agree.

It's seems that in this forum, disagreeing with someone equates being "salty".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fickschlitten)
    I'll check that out.

Right, i agree.

You'll see it was beautifully ironic.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was the one about one of our soldiers raping a child that was in the news.

I'm fine with aggression (referencing our other discussion about our area of work) I've built up quite a tolerance, I'm just not used to..... you just don't get "soooo salty!" used much on the trading floor do you? I literally don't get the salty haters thing. I literally couldn't even give definitions of either of these words. I'm new here and confused.
    Ergh. You literally took a comment I made completely out of context because you didn't understand the purpose of it initially. You then made comments about the fact I am entering the legal profession as if it had any relevance, which it didn't. All of this was done under a guise of arrogant 'omg I only say super constructive things and anyone that doesn't always do this on a student forum all of the time is exactly the type of person that should never be able to say anything ever'.

If you'd actually asked what the point of the comment I made was rather than jumping to the offensive straight away and using a personal reference to somehow add weight to what you said then the salty comment would never have been relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    I would just like to announce that I have won.

There has been a lot of criticism about me and directed at me.

There's a girl that the thirst possy are really after at the moment. We all know who she is.

This is what she said about me:

"Me and AG can sail off into the sunset of graduated adults with money and good looks."

"Well greatguy are you a ridiculously hot doctor with a first class degree from Oxford, a Porsche 911 in the post and a lot of money to look after me?"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1&postcount=75

Basically she wants me.

So I win. Hahaha.
    Eh? I thought you can't get first class in medicine???

ReputationRep:
    I'll check that out.

Right, i agree.

Not true. Some of my closest friends from TSR are people who disagree with me profoundly on most things I think and say.

You have come back to TSR and gone around negging people, making cancer references to people and generally being arrogant and unnecessary. This, is what earns you the salty comment, not merely that you disagree. If you disagreed and actually had something interesting about what you were saying then I'd actually be very intrigued in your opinions. As it is, you're just a dupe out to neg and bait people from the comfort of your anonymous armchair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Not true. Some of my closest friends from TSR are people who disagree with me profoundly on most things I think and say.
    :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show

inb4 you meant someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj khaled's son)
    :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show

inb4 you meant someone else.
    You and the other guy (I forget his name ) were exactly who I was thinking of when I made this comment. I hate how much I love you both. It's something that really bothers me.

ReputationRep:
    You and the other guy (I forget his name ) were exactly who I was thinking of when I made this comment. I hate how much I love you both. It's something that really bothers me.

Like that? Join the club.

You have come back to TSR and gone around negging people, making cancer references to people and generally being arrogant and unnecessary. This, is what earns you the salty comment, not merely that you disagree. If you disagreed and actually had something interesting about what you were saying then I'd actually be very intrigued in your opinions. As it is, you're just a dupe out to neg and bait people from the comfort of your anonymous armchair.
    1) No i havent

2) Only made one reference

3) I am not arrogant or unecessary.

4) I put forward my arguments, if you're not interested in them just move on

5) Keep assuming things about me, you're doing well to help your cause.

You're the one being quite salty now. Chill out. You realised you failed making any proper counter argument against my points.

ReputationRep:
    1) No i havent

2) Only made one reference

3) I am not arrogant or unecessary.

4) I put forward my arguments, if you're not interested in them just move on

5) Keep assuming things about me, you're doing well to help your cause.

You're the one being quite salty now. Chill out. You realised you failed making any proper counter argument against my points.
    Yeah I realised that. :congrats:

Well done for winning an argument on the internet which bears no importance to anything ever.

Yeah I realised that. :congrats:

Well done for winning an argument on the internet which bears no importance to anything ever.
    Well, that was a quick way for you to lose all your crediblity. One less annoying poser.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was a quick way for you to lose all your crediblity. One less annoying poser.
    Thanks for the inference that I have credibility to lose. Means a lot to me coming from you.

Thanks for the inference that I have credibility to lose. Means a lot to me coming from you.
    Your ego is no more. Go back to your place.

And Indeed it does mean a lot, thanks for asking.

ReputationRep:
    Your ego is no more. Go back to your place.

And Indeed it does mean a lot, thanks for asking.
    I don't have a place. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Ergh. You literally took a comment I made completely out of context because you didn't understand the purpose of it initially. You then made comments about the fact I am entering the legal profession as if it had any relevance, which it didn't. All of this was done under a guise of arrogant 'omg I only say super constructive things and anyone that doesn't always do this on a student forum all of the time is exactly the type of person that should never be able to say anything ever'.

If you'd actually asked what the point of the comment I made was rather than jumping to the offensive straight away and using a personal reference to somehow add weight to what you said then the salty comment would never have been relevant.
    I believe I opened my comment with something along the lines of "I see what you mean here but..." because I do not live under a rock, and your comment inferred the real problem surrounding the very recent image of and attitude toward immigrants. I conceded you that. Yes, I've criticised your comment, but I did not misunderstand it for lack of comprehension skills or awareness.To paraphrase myself for the last time; I'm just not sure that under the heading "One of our British soldiers repeatedly raped a little girl during a time in which Europe struggles to react to both sexual crimes committed by refugees and a growing racist intolerance that exists for some toward the broader group of brown people" is the appropriate place for, as you yourself describe it, unconstructive satire.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a place. :cry:
    I'm sure AG has a place...

ReputationRep:

Original post has been removed. Says enough. We'll leave it there.

ReputationRep:
    I believe I opened my comment with something along the lines of "I see what you mean here but..." because I do not live under a rock, and your comment inferred the real problem surrounding the very recent image of and attitude toward immigrants. I conceded you that. Yes, I've criticised your comment, but I did not misunderstand it for lack of comprehension skills or awareness.To paraphrase myself for the last time; I'm just not sure that under the heading "One of our British soldiers repeatedly raped a little girl during a time in which Europe struggles to react to both sexual crimes committed by refugees and a growing racist intolerance that exists for some toward the broader group of brown people" is the appropriate place for, as you yourself describe it, unconstructive satire.
    Okay two things.

1. I suppose what I say is also based on the fact I have a history of posts on here. That comment, if you had been on TSR for longer would maybe have not made you leap to the assumption that all I do is make unconstructive comments and not talk about the issues. On most threads that are made about the migrant issues in Europe with rape etc., referencing a tabloid sensationalist article I invariably comment that this is really not helpful and try as best I can to dissipate this growing attitude of separation which feeds division in societies and causes the problems we are seeing in the first place. One of the things I say a lot is that people of our race and nationality also commit terrible crimes- yes it is not on the same scale as we are currently observing in Germany and Sweden but that doesn't make it irrelevant. On a student forum such as this you can't make constructive and long winded comments all the time- you would drive yourself insane! Especially considering all the personal abuse and extrapolation of your arguments that ensues.

2. Satire and comedy are actually not always unconstructive or unnecessary. Infact comedy is one of the last mediums for truth in a world where political correctness suppresses our freedom of speech and thought. It is a good way of holding a mirror up to hypocrisy as well. Take for example Jim Jeffries on gun control in America- some of the stuff he says isn't technically laughable but it is one of the most compelling anti-gun 'speeches' I have seen.

ReputationRep:
    Original post has been removed. Says enough. We'll leave it there.
    Yes because people who don't understand the intentions of it report it instead of entering discussion. It only got removed because of it. And the fact that more people repped it than reported it says enough.

ReputationRep:
    idek what's happenning but yall need to chill and watch some spongebob

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.