Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out a bit,So I was received a penalty for not being able to present my oyster (I had left it at home and was at the hospital and had to go home),It was a 80pound fine but it would be reduced to 40pounds if I payed within 21 days,I waited for the fine to come but it took about one and a half to two months for the fine to arrive (the adress they sent it too was next door to me, 2a instead of 2) and the old (40pound) and new (80pound) letter came together about a week ago, I wanted to appeal against it and ask to pay 40pounds but when I went to the appeal page there was an extra 40pounds administration fee? What is this? Should I appeal against it? I think I deserve the fine fair and square but I do not want to pay 120pounds (80+40 administration) and dont know if I should appealPlease help!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ring them up and point out you never had the opportunity to pay the reduced £40 fine, although I cant see why that would have prevented you contacting them. They should be able to advise you over the phone how to proceed. You presumably have proof you were at hospital and that you have a valid ticket throughout the period. You son have anything to lose but the cost of a phone call..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.