Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else have this problem with their dreams? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically soon as something good is about to happen, the dream either stops or you wake up. Yeah it's cliche it happens but this happens EVERY time.

ReputationRep:
    It definitely does for me, I was about to throw down an insane breakdance set at a wedding or something like that around a week ago in dream then woke up

Maybe its something to do with having experienced everything up to that part in real life before ( in my case breakdancing and being at a wedding) but the the good part hasn't happened before/linked in that way so our brain cant envisage it?

Edit: Just found this which is pretty explanatory actually :

The dream itself is building the sense of expectation that something really wonderful is about to happen, such as a long-awaited kiss, the discovery of a treasure, or launching into free-form flight. But the mental processes that create that sense of anticipation are simultaneously lifting the dreamer out of the deeper stages of sleep toward wakefulness. So in a very real sense, awakening is the culmination and climax of the dream.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What if we all actually never woke up?

ReputationRep:
    Most of the good things are blurry in my dreams or they never work out idk how to explain it lol

Have you ever had a dream that felt so real that when you wake up it has an impact on you for the whole entire day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Basically soon as something good is about to happen, the dream either stops or you wake up. Yeah it's cliche it happens but this happens EVERY time.
    Something good DID happen, at least you woke up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that happens to me alot.

Another thing that happens often in my dream is, for example:

I would be shopping, let's say at new look, and when I walk out of the store, I'd end up at my grandmas house. It's so annoying because it really confuses me haha

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately sex in your dreams doesnt make you a non-virgin in real life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Yeah that happens to me alot.

Another thing that happens often in my dream is, for example:

I would be shopping, let's say at new look, and when I walk out of the store, I'd end up at my grandmas house. It's so annoying because it really confuses me haha
    I wouldn't mind having you in my dream.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind having you in my dream.
    LMAOO

ok. Fully creeped out. 😂

ReputationRep:
    Yip, happens in every single dream! All the bad or scary stuff in my dreams play out right to the end but anything good or exciting, that ends almost instantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've always been this close to meeting Daniel Radcliffe.

I think it's your brain's way of saying, "Not even in your dreams, kid. Wake up stupid."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonadeAspire)
    Most of the good things are blurry in my dreams or they never work out idk how to explain it lol

Have you ever had a dream that felt so real that when you wake up it has an impact on you for the whole entire day.
    I've had nightmares so real I've woke up crying a fair few times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    All the bad or scary stuff in my dreams play out right to the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not always, at least in my experience - in fact there's also the cliché of falling from a great height and then jolting awake just before you hit the ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Not always, at least in my experience - in fact there's also the cliché of falling from a great height and then jolting awake just before you hit the ground.
    That's due to heart rate getting too low so your body gets your brain to imagine scary situations to raise your heart rate up to stop bad things from happening.

ReputationRep:
    Constant problem, having a great dream about to get even better, then you wake up with morning wood and it all goes south from there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.