Upcoming 2016 GCSE's Watch

ginadomenica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nisha.sri)
Hey did you use the specification for science?
Yeah I did! My teachers printed them off for us and I went through them highlighting the things I wasn't sure of etc...
nisha.sri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ginadomenica)
Yeah I did! My teachers printed them off for us and I went through them highlighting the things I wasn't sure of etc...
Cool my teacher wont print anything off we have to do everything ourselves
ginadomenica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nisha.sri)
Cool my teacher wont print anything off we have to do everything ourselves
Ahh that's so annoying! If you're not that bothered about printing them off then you can always write down the ones you're not sure of from looking at them online
tayybaf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
reading all this..i think am dumb..everyones getting A's and A*'s.and am stuck on a B in history and science..i hve unit 1 science exams in MAY
..(THE REAL ONES) and am looking forward to anyone's revision tips to get A*s..(how much should I revise)...thanx in advance
Hambi123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm just as stressed out as you are. I have like 2 months till my exams and i need to get grade As in all of them but right know I'm achieving Bs and I'm not really impressed with it. I've been revising my ass off for the last month to try and get that grade A but it just isn't happening 😭 you can get your grade A*s if you put in the effort. I know you can do it. You just need to keep on going. Do exam papers they're really helpful, if you always look at your notes then it's the exam you need to practice on. I always focus on the type of questions they give me because sometimes they do the same question on the other exam papers but they'll make it sound complicated

Posted from TSR Mobile
1rs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Hambi123)
I'm just as stressed out as you are. I have like 2 months till my exams and i need to get grade As in all of them but right know I'm achieving Bs and I'm not really impressed with it. I've been revising my ass off for the last month to try and get that grade A but it just isn't happening 😭 you can get your grade A*s if you put in the effort. I know you can do it. You just need to keep on going. Do exam papers they're really helpful, if you always look at your notes then it's the exam you need to practice on. I always focus on the type of questions they give me because sometimes they do the same question on the other exam papers but they'll make it sound complicated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about it! Straight B's will get you into A levels, then good grades at A levels get you into a University! Don't stress yourself out and feel disheartened if you're not getting amazing grades!

You're not gonna fail in life if you don't do well in gcse's, everything will fall into place, we're on the same boat right now, I feel youu
dalegeorge1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 1rs)
Don't worry about it! Straight B's will get you into A levels, then good grades at A levels get you into a University! Don't stress yourself out and feel disheartened if you're not getting amazing grades!

You're not gonna fail in life if you don't do well in gcse's, everything will fall into place, we're on the same boat right now, I feel youu
It really depends on where they want to go for A level and what to do for A level since there are requirements so unless their chosen subjects require a B then..
1rs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by dalegeorge1)
It really depends on where they want to go for A level and what to do for A level since there are requirements so unless their chosen subjects require a B then..
Majority require atleast 5 A*-C grades, getting straight B's will get you a comfortable position in most colleges/6th forms
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads