Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AortaStudyMore)
    So first of all, reproductive isolation is just the general term for when 2 populations of the same species cannot breed. Geographical isolation is a type of reproductive isolation, and is when a population of a species is separated into 2 populations by a physical geographical barrier, such as mountains or water. This prevents the populations from breeding. In the 2 new habitals formed, different environmemts lead to SELECTION PRESSURES, which in turn select for the most desirable phenotypes and genotypes. Over many years of this, the gene pools of the 2 populations become very different, and if the 2 populations were to be integrated again, they would not be able to produe viable offspring. This is speciation. I think that's all right, it's been a while since I've done this haha
    Thank you!! And at least you remember it haha - I wouldn't tbh

ReputationRep:
    I could maybe share what I've got with me (I didn't take many of my notes to university), but they might be quite hard to read
    yes! thank you so much it's mainly unit 5 aqa bio?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what kind of help, what are you stuck on?
    if i message you my empa details would u be able to predict what could up? coz the title seem so vague!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousfame98)
    if i message you my empa details would u be able to predict what could up? coz the title seem so vague!
    Yh sure, I'm not sure what the rules are surrounding this, but I'm sure predicting what might come is fine. And I have my unit 5 notes, I guess I can try and post them on here, let me try

ReputationRep:
    Yh sure, I'm not sure what the rules are surrounding this, but I'm sure predicting what might come is fine. And I have my unit 5 notes, I guess I can try and post them on here, let me try
    thank you so much!! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Right I've tried sharing my notes, but nothing works, if people are really desperate for them, then I could share them in a more private way such as email or facebook, but I know that will probably seem really dodgy as we're all just people sat behind computer screens! Up to you guys, let me know

ReputationRep:
    Right I've tried sharing my notes, but nothing works, if people are really desperate for them, then I could share them in a more private way such as email or facebook, but I know that will probably seem really dodgy as we're all just people sat behind computer screens! Up to you guys, let me know
    Can I PM you my email ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Can I PM you my email ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're okay with that then feel free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Can I PM you my email ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i just private messaged u my email AortaStudyMore

ReputationRep:
    Hey, have you got any tips on remembering all the colours and equations for complex ions, thank u!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjjjjjj123)
    Hey, have you got any tips on remembering all the colours and equations for complex ions, thank u!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Flash cards, with the ion on the front and the answer on the back. Look for patterns too, you'll find that a lot of them are similar (all Al ions are colourless for example). Just in general, write them all out a colour code them, learn as many as you can and then do flash cards until you know them all. It takes a while, I kept getting the odd one wrong, just learn which one you got wrong and do the flashcards again until you get them all right. If I remember, over easter when I'm back at home I'll send a picture of my colour coded notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjjjjjj123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oops sorry I missed equations. Don't do flashcard for these, just write them out and learn them. Again, look for patterns, I had some good ones which I can't quite remember (again, if I remember I'll send them). Things like "metals that begin with C react with excess ammonia" or something

ReputationRep:
    I will try that out, thank you very much !!!! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am stuck on a few bits in the 'applying rDNA technology' section of AQA A2 Biology. I don't really understand the following parts:

Gene Cloning and Transfer (in vivo/in vitro etc)
    DNA Probes and Restriction Mapping
    Genetic Fingerprinting

I would greatly appreciate it if you could explain them to me. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toile)
    Hey, I am stuck on a few bits in the 'applying rDNA technology' section of AQA A2 Biology. I don't really understand the following parts:

Genetic Fingerprinting

Hey buddy, it's going to have to wait I'm afraid, I have exams tomorrow and wednesday this week and I've done hardly any revision I'll get back to you soon though

ReputationRep:
    Best way to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Best way to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Excuse me? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toile)

Genetic Fingerprinting

Okay, these are really big areas to try and explain, especially in one message (and although I may be a nerd I'd rather not spend ages explaining all of these things :P), so there are 2 things I can do, I could answer any specific problems you're having in these areas, and also, if you want, I could send you my AQA A2 unit 5 notes which explain recombinant DNA tech pretty well I think.

ReputationRep:
    Would you suggest writing your own notes or just learning some pre written ones and doing past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem, I think sending your notes would be a better idea because I'm stuck on the topic in general rather than little parts. So if you could send me your notes I will greatly appreciate it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.