Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To dedicate time on notes, or to use my time more wisely? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

When I first started the year I was dead set that i'd be able to do my class work, go home and then re-write notes neatly into a book for maths and economics. Currently, I am struggling to allocate time due to procrastination, but should I focus on finishing my notes by writing them into said books (because re-reading and writing them will help? and help soon for major revision) or should I use my time differently.

The work I write in class isn't too messy, but im not sure if I should bother to writing our half of the work I am yet to write up.

Any suggestions would be great,
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AindowJ)
    Hello all,

When I first started the year I was dead set that i'd be able to do my class work, go home and then re-write notes neatly into a book for maths and economics. Currently, I am struggling to allocate time due to procrastination, but should I focus on finishing my notes by writing them into said books (because re-reading and writing them will help? and help soon for major revision) or should I use my time differently.

The work I write in class isn't too messy, but im not sure if I should bother to writing our half of the work I am yet to write up.

Any suggestions would be great,
    Cheers
    Hey there!

The first question you should be asking yourself is if rewriting your notes is actually helping you? I don't think with subjects like Mathematics that's too helpful as you aren't really challenging yourself but all the answers are in front of you. However, with a subject like Economics it may be useful to read over notes every night. I wouldn't necessarily rewrite them as again you may not learn this way.

With Mathematics I would recommend to do exercises from books and when you feel confident with all topics then move to exam past papers. Mark your papers as you go along to keep track of how well you are doing in each paper, set yourself target's after every paper so you know which section to improve on before you more on to do another paper.

Economics involves knowing how to structure your essays well in order to achieve marks. I suggest you past papers as soon as you feel confident with the content. Practice your writing skills, again see where you need improvements after every essay you mark and set yourself targets.

Allocate your time wisely. Make a time timetable, you could use this Study Planner by TSR if you like. Though if you feel as if your a type to not stick with time tables I'd say you should make a to-do list for every week and tick off the things as you go along – this way you don't omit anything from your revision.

I hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.