AQA C4 chemistry Watch

This discussion is closed.
spali
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
well, ive just done the C4 exam and it really wasnt as bad as id feared it would, how did everyone else find it??1
ali
Anderson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was just about what i was expect;
A couple of nice mechanisms.
A Kp or a Kc.
An acid Ka question.
A rates question.

The only thing that i thought was slightly dodgy about it was the wordy question 8 parts, which seemed to have too many marks allocated to them for what was being asked, But we can but wait and see for the marks now.
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Piece.

Of.

Cake.

The order question was a bit dodgy, but I had enough time to go over and run all my answers through the rate equation (k=47.9?), so they all worked out.

The partial pressure one they tried to feck us over with, I've never seen a question with just the partial pressure of one gas and from that you had to work out the rest. But it wasn't too hard.

The only toughie was the nmr question, which at a total of 4 marks can't really mess up my mark if i flunked it.

The spectrum for X was 2 wasn't it?

What was the reagent to turn phenylpropan-1-ol to phenylpropene?

Mod Expression - Language
T.r.i.n.i.t.y
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingpong)
Piece.

Of.

Cake.

The order question was a bit dodgy, but I had enough time to go over and run all my answers through the rate equation (k=47.9?), so they all worked out.

The partial pressure one they tried to feck us over with, I've never seen a question with just the partial pressure of one gas and from that you had to work out the rest. But it wasn't too hard.

The only toughie was the nmr question, which at a total of 4 marks can't really mess up my mark if i flunked it.

i got that for the rate equation, iand i was to stuck on the spectrum thing, i wrote anythoing oh well. generally i thought it was a good paper, better than expected, i didnt know the exact reagent, but i just guessed and wrote concentrated sulphuric acid, from previous knowledge lolz!! good luck for tuesday i need a break at the mo, so im off to sleep lolz!!

Mod Expression - Language
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What did you get for the pH, 2.2? What about the acid concentration? And what value did you get for KP?
Anderson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got k to equal 49.7 i think it was wither that or 47.9.

And i got spectra 2 as the spectrum for X

The rates question was fine as was all the calculations.
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Piece.

Of.

Cake.

I put ethanolic NaOH
Anderson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Conc Sulphuric Acid i belive was the reagent, altho they didnt as for it i also put it needed to be in alcoholic solution.
Anderson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
What did you get for the pH, 2.2? What about the acid concentration? And what value did you get for KP?
I got kp to be 0.699 and the PH was around 2.2 but it needed quoting to 2.dp. They insist on that for pH's
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Anderson)
I got kp to be 0.699 and the PH was around 2.2 but it needed quoting to 2.dp. They insist on that for pH's
Yup, units kPa-1.

So everyone got spectrum 2 for X? Just to make sure.

What two tests did everyone use for the two distinguish questions, the first was between some cyclo-primary alcohol and a ketone.
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I put ethanolic NaOH
Shucks, I guessed at ethanolic KOH, any difference? I'm crap at eliminations.
JaF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No NAOH and KOH are pretty much the same. I said H2S04 for that question anyway.
Anderson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yup, units kPa-1.

So everyone got spectrum 2 for X? Just to make sure.

What two tests did everyone use for the two distinguish questions, the first was between some cyclo-primary alcohol and a ketone.
I warmed with acidified potassium dichromate, the alcohol ill oxidise and the solution will turn green, no change for the ketone.

And for the aldehyde, i used fehlings solution.
Sapphira
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i said H2S04
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Anderson)
I warmed with acidified potassium dichromate, the alcohol ill oxidise and the solution will turn green, no change for the ketone.

And for the aldehyde, i used fehlings solution.
Good good, I used acidified KMnO4 (purple->colourless) and fehlings.

This papers was good stuff, anyone know the average UMS for an A?
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was an ok paper altho i dont think my mark will go up. I just did it to prepare for the synoptic. So hopefully there will be some mod 4 on the multiple choice.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good good, I used acidified KMnO4 (purple->colourless) and fehlings.

This papers was good stuff, anyone know the average UMS for an A?
i think its exactly 80% so 72/90 raw = 72/90 ums
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
i think its exactly 80% so 72/90 raw = 72/90 ums
Good stuff, I'd have to really mess that one up not to have got the B I need in that paper then.
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I put potassium dicromate(VII), no reaction with C, but D would form an aldehyde and water, I didnt know what colours so just said that. I said E reacts with fehlings to give a brick red solution..is that right? What did everyone get for the [salt] in the pH question?
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (131)
46.45%
Pro-humanity (151)
53.55%