Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would I be better doing AH chemistry, biology and French, as well as Higher Spanish, OR AH chemistry and biology and Higher English and Spanish?

ReputationRep:
    You're probably best to get higher english into the mix. You need that for most things if youre planning on going to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana_p)
    You're probably best to get higher english into the mix. You need that for most things if youre planning on going to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most uni courses only require Nat 5 English at grade C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothonist)
    Most uni courses only require Nat 5 English at grade C
    Depends on what youre doing. For science and maths yeah, but obviously social sciences are different

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana_p)
    Depends on what youre doing. For science and maths yeah, but obviously social sciences are different

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but I assume this guy will be applying for some sort of science degree since he's taking biology and chemistry at AH
    Although medicine is an exception, they prefer candidates to have an essay based subject as well as sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothonist)
    Yeah but I assume this guy will be applying for some sort of science degree since he's taking biology and chemistry at AH
    Although medicine is an exception, they prefer candidates to have an essay based subject as well as sciences
    Would AH French pass as an essay based subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottishguyy)
    Would AH French pass as an essay based subject?
    Possibly, you'd be better checking with the unis you want to apply to. Higher English, History and Modern Studies are considered to be essay based subjects.
    I wouldnt worry about it though, as far as i know, only St Andrews ask for an essay based subject☺

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.