Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have my test day in two days and I'm very worried as i'm not good with maths anyway. I am stressed as feel like even if I do pass them ill never pass the interview stage. I've read that places are limited and that's why entry tests have got harder. Nursing is all I want to do and knowing that I mite not get that chance because of a maths and English test is so disheartening. any advice from applicants for 2016 entry.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I did the nursing tests and interview in January (and have got an offer for this year), I would say not to worry too much, it's not that bad! The maths questions are not that hard, you just have to be able to do basic maths and they give you a calculator. There is not a lot of time to complete them though so it can feel a bit pressurising. Just practise the questions they have provided. I thought the tests would be really hard for King's because of the competition but they weren't, just make sure to read each question thoroughly. And the English is just reading an article and answering questions which were also quite easy! There is only 20 minutes for each test so timing was my main worry but I managed to finish both.

ReputationRep:
    congratulations on your offer and thanks for the advice. I'm just going to practise as much as I can now and hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denise jo)
    Hi I have my test day in two days and I'm very worried as i'm not good with maths anyway. I am stressed as feel like even if I do pass them ill never pass the interview stage. I've read that places are limited and that's why entry tests have got harder. Nursing is all I want to do and knowing that I mite not get that chance because of a maths and English test is so disheartening. any advice from applicants for 2016 entry.

Hi, just saw your post. Guessing you have had your interview and assessments. Hope you were successful.

How was it? Any help from your side? I have mine assessment and interview soon. Hoping to get all the help and advise to get me prepare.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really worried about my kings college numeracy and English tests. I did them on march 9 and I still haven't received any replies from them. I know it hasn't been a month yet but I'm getting really nervous just because they said on the test day that they would get back to us on the following day. Ahhh but I guess it really is a waiting game.

Does anyone have the same issues as me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmileyonex)
    Hi, I'm really worried about my kings college numeracy and English tests. I did them on march 9 and I still haven't received any replies from them. I know it hasn't been a month yet but I'm getting really nervous just because they said on the test day that they would get back to us on the following day. Ahhh but I guess it really is a waiting game.

Does anyone have the same issues as me?
    As they said they'd get back to you the following day, have you checked your junk mail folder? If it's not there, drop them an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.