Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have received offers from Southampton and Queen Mary's to study English BA, however I am currently sitting on the fence. I understand that SOTON is ranked higher on the league tables but Q.Mary's is a London based uni. What are the pros and cons of both? Appreciate any thoughts

ReputationRep:
    Southampton I would pick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Southampton I would pick.
    thanks for the reply, my brain is telling me that SOTON is better in terms of the league tables, but I adored Q.Mary's campus and course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gin44)
    thanks for the reply, my brain is telling me that SOTON is better in terms of the league tables, but I adored Q.Mary's campus and course.
    I guess you are doing a different subject, but when I visited for comp sci I didn't much like their campus and labs but that might just be me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    I guess you are doing a different subject, but when I visited for comp sci I didn't much like their campus and labs but that might just be me xD
    Aha, I see, I've applied for English BA, and the lecturers all seemed lovely, I went through the interview process and it was lovely to see how interested the lecturers were in the subject. But I guess we shall see. It's a shame you weren't too impressed with Q.Mary's. I appreciate hearing your thoughts

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.