Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not a troll.
    I've had acne since I was 9. It cleared up for about 6 months and has flared up again with avengeance.

I also lost a lot of my hair over Christmas and ended up shaving it off.

ReputationRep:
    Hope it clears up again soon and that your hair grows back ^_^ (if you want it to)

(Original post by lachachacha)
    No, I'm not a troll.
    I've had acne since I was 9. It cleared up for about 6 months and has flared up again with avengeance.

Get on hormone control pills and buy a good quality wig with netting and everything, something like Brazilian hair

ReputationRep:
    hair falling off? caused by condition or chemo?

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not a troll.

Do you know why you lost hair, i had a bald patch a few years ago luckily it grew back aparantly it was a bit of alopecia. I get some odd things, a few years ago my urine also turned red for 10 days, tests showed blood in urine (gross heamaturia) but had lots of tests/scans to find the cause and they were normal. I had a cold too so the doctor said a virus must have affected my kidneys, was just told to drink lots of water lol.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not a troll.

-every troll ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Hope it clears up again soon and that your hair grows back ^_^ (if you want it to)
    I like how you added 'if you want it to' though most people would lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistyblue~)
    Do you know why you lost hair, i had a bald patch a few years ago luckily it grew back aparantly it was a bit of alopecia. I get some odd things, a few years ago my urine also turned red for 10 days, tests showed blood in urine (gross heamaturia) but had lots of tests/scans to find the cause and they were normal. I had a cold too so the doctor said a virus must have affected my kidneys, was just told to drink lots of water lol.
    O.o

I was eating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    Get on hormone control pills and buy a good quality wig with netting and everything, something like Brazilian hair
    Tried everything for the acne

And yeah but they're so expensive 😨 I'm a student I don't have that money sadly
    I wear headscarves mainly

ReputationRep:
    Did you lose your hair due to acne?

I suffer from severe cystic acne. It's kinda annoying

Have you tried roaccutane?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psst.)
    O.o

I was eating
    Dont be soft! I often have to eat at work after helping patients to remove phlegm from their airways, I dont mind blood but phlegm can be yucky to put it nicely.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not a troll.

I'm sorry.

Acne is never a nice thing to have.

I think it is particularly hard for women to lose their hair.

Have you tried all creams for acne? Any drugs?

Semi-permanent wigs these days are remarkably good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistyblue~)
    I like how you added 'if you want it to' though most people would lol
    Yeah true I imagine most people would but I just thought I'd add that because you never know, OP might want to be bald! Only she knows I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Yeah true I imagine most people would but I just thought I'd add that because you never know, OP might want to be bald! Only she knows I guess
    Obviously I'd rather have nice long hair, but I'd rather be bald than have short ugly hair

Tried everything for the acne

And yeah but they're so expensive 😨 I'm a student I don't have that money sadly
    I wear headscarves mainly
    Have you tried some of the stronger zinc pastes overnight too? And zinc supplements might help calm it down a little. Just don't forget to still moisturise your face despite the acne, as people think it might make it worse, but in reality dry scaly skin is what makes it go really bad 😐

Hm try saving up a bit every month? Is your natural hair really weak or do you think it'll grow out normally?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.