Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What one aspect of you personailty do you want to change? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would say, I want to have more self-worth as I think it holds me back alot in life.

ReputationRep:
    I try not to show it but generally I can think in a very self-centered way.

There isn't much more I can do but hide it, however it still exists in me and I wish I could change that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I try not to show it but generally I can think in a very self-centered way.

There isn't much more I can do but hide it, however it still exists in me and I wish I could change that
    I think that's a good one, but don't beat yourself up over it too much, its only human to think egocentrically sometimes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'd like to be less negative. I'm not the biggest pessimist ever but I could do with being a bit more positive and grateful.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    I think that's a good one, but don't beat yourself up over it too much, its only human to think egocentrically sometimes.
    I guess so, and thanks for that

But a couple of years ago, a close friend called me out for it and I realised he was right. So I've been trying my best since

ReputationRep:
    I guess so, and thanks for that

But a couple of years ago, a close friend called me out for it and I realised he was right. So I've been trying my best since
    I think it proves you're not as self-centered as you think you are by you wanting to change yourself for a friend. That's an altruistic cause if ever I saw one!

ReputationRep:
    would like to not be so emotional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    I think it proves you're not as self-centered as you think you are by you wanting to change yourself for a friend. That's an altruistic cause if ever I saw one!
    That actually means a lot! Thank you!!

I guess things from close ones really affect you, yknow?

ReputationRep:
    My self-esteem. If I'm confident there's nothing in this world that can stop me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I'd like to be less negative. I'm not the biggest pessimist ever but I could do with being a bit more positive and grateful.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm the same. I like to think of it as 'applied realism'. Pessimism is too pejorative for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be able to find the balance between being too unforgiving and a pushover, I can't seem to find that place that balances both

ReputationRep:
    That actually means a lot! Thank you!!

I guess things from close ones really affect you, yknow?
    You're more than welcome, its nice to hear it from someone else I guess.

Another aspect of human nature, the people we care about are often the people we are willing to do the most to preserve. Its natural to be a balance between altruism and egocentrism. You seem perfectly well adjusted to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    You're more than welcome, its nice to hear it from someone else I guess.

Another aspect of human nature, the people we care about are often the people we are willing to do the most to preserve. Its natural to be a balance between altruism and egocentrism. You seem perfectly well adjusted to me
    Well said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I'd like to be able to find the balance between being too unforgiving and a pushover, I can't seem to find that place that balances both
    That's a battle I think we can all relate to in some shape or form. Being a caring individual can often make us vulnerable to manipulation, and being too much the other way can make us callous and distant from others.

ReputationRep:
    Not quick thinking enough, haven't learnt to deal with pressure very well.

Too lazy & apathetic in general.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't change any of my emotional issues for the world

ReputationRep:
    I need to consider things can go wrong and all the pessimistic stuff, Im a pretty far optimist atm to the point I stupidly have to think of a bright side for almost anything when maybe I should consider the bad stuffs as well. If someone is feeling down and wants a long emotional talk about it, Im not really the guy I just try to cheer them up full on with jokes, snacks and dance

Someone came up to me all sad about something about a week ago
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes I know Im late on the trend but better late than never rite?

and they said their plan B had failed along with their first plan. I be like " that's only A and B" , they looked confused and I said "you still got 24 more letters" (stupid and cringey but you see what I mean?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Not quick thinking enough, haven't learnt to deal with pressure very well.

Too lazy & apathetic in general.
    This is genuinely one of my biggest problems! I'm glad I'm not alone in it. I always feel incredibly slow, not that I can't get to my goals, but I just can't get there very quickly.

Lazy is a word that can be pretty self-deprecating, you aren't lazy, you're just contemplative. Its not a bad thing to think slowly and deeply about something, you might arrive at a better destination than the people who rush their thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    I hate admitting I have a problem. I'm terrible at asking for advice and so a lot of the time I try and cope with everything by myself, which isn't always the best thing to do. I just don't like opening up to people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    This is genuinely one of my biggest problems! I'm glad I'm not alone in it. I always feel incredibly slow, not that I can't get to my goals, but I just can't get there very quickly.

Lazy is a word that can be pretty self-deprecating, you aren't lazy, you're just contemplative. Its not a bad thing to think slowly and deeply about something, you might arrive at a better destination than the people who rush their thoughts!
    Thanks

It's true that I have a stronger inclination towards contemplation/ over-analysing, but it is not a great thing to have when you are on a tight deadline.

I am lazy though, I have the opportunity and skill to be productive or work towards goals but I choose not to, comes with being undisciplined and apathetic toward my own life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.