Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm going to be studying midwifery as of September this year. I am a single mum living on my own with my son.
    What loans/grants etc. Am I entitled to? Is it different because I am getting my course fees paid by the nhs and will be getting a bursary from them? I applied earlier for student finance and it said the only thing I would get is the maximum maintenance loan of about £2500... I thought it was much, much more?! Help
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Lizoliver

    Through Student Finance we only offer help with the reduced rate maintenance loan, all other funding is through the NHS. Please speak with your place of study to see if there is any other funding available.

Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.