Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I want to ask if you can list some good cheap car insurance websites....that would be wonderful.. or any insurance brokers....
    I`m 22 and passed August 2015...

Cheers...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by U33B)
    Hi I want to ask if you can list some good cheap car insurance websites....that would be wonderful.. or any insurance brokers....

Cheers...
    In my opinion, price comparison sites really are the best thing to start with... Some don't have all different insurers, so when looking myself, I look at gocompare, confused.com and comparethemarket, which gives a good range of offers...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U33B)

Cheers...
    Try the usual price comparison sites- compare the market, confused.com, money supermarket etc.
    Also try companies that aren't on comparison sites, such aviva, Churchill, direct line etc

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate, I always find compare the market cheapest, plus you can always haggle on the phone if you wish too.. but dont forget about cash back too

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone... thanks for the feedback... much appreciated.... But whenever I go on price comparison websites I get
    ridiculous quotes like £4-5K... Are they mad... What price range are you lot getting....Obviously it`ll be cheap but still... These insurance companies are just scamming people by squeezing in every way to save cost... Like for e.g. Do you drive at peak times?... like WTF... So if I need to go somewhere urgently and by coincidence it`s at peak times I will get done if I get caught?... how does that make sense.... Might as well catch a bloody bus lol.... What is your take on this....

ReputationRep:
    This article will help you to lower your car insurance rate!))
    choiceautofinancing.com/ways-lower-car-insurance/

ReputationRep:
    For my first car (1.2 Renault Clio) I used Hastings Smart Miles, good quote, shite customer service. But lets face it, for your first car you can't afford to be fussy.

Second car, BMW 318i I moved over to Hastings Essential I think. Generally, I find Hastings are pretty good for young driver quotes!

ReputationRep:
    Flux direct

I had a millege box so saved loads on insurance. They dont track speed or way of driving either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U33B)
    Hi everyone... thanks for the feedback... much appreciated.... But whenever I go on price comparison websites I get
    ridiculous quotes like £4-5K... Are they mad... What price range are you lot getting....Obviously it`ll be cheap but still... These insurance companies are just scamming people by squeezing in every way to save cost... Like for e.g. Do you drive at peak times?... like WTF... So if I need to go somewhere urgently and by coincidence it`s at peak times I will get done if I get caught?... how does that make sense.... Might as well catch a bloody bus lol.... What is your take on this....
    I think they also do credit checks, when they test for insurance. So it may be worth your time keeping your eye on your credit report at the same time as this. I was quoted £2,500 last time i looked, and i don't even know how to drive!

ReputationRep:
    I pay £71 per month to drive a 2006 mk2 Ford Focus 1.8 Sport TDCI and that is fully comprehensive cover.

Odd though, was only paying £65 before renewal ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U33B)

Cheers...

i work with a insurance broker, i can do a quotation for you? if you are serious it is around 45% cheaper with us.

ReputationRep:
    Go compare! It's quite alright there's nothing quite like go compare, from loans to plastics it's quite fanTASTIC nothing quite compares to go COMPARE🎤📯
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by chico020)
    Then consider the eComparemo. You will see the most affordable car insurance in the Philippines. Hope this thread is still active.
    Not exactly your target market considering TSR is filled with predominantly UK-based users...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.