Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently deciding on which Halls to stay in; En-Suite or Non-En-Suite.
    Any advise from students who have lived in Halls, or students currently in the same situation as I am will be a big help.
    The prices for Self Catered Non-Ensuite vary from £92.33 to £122.92 per week.
    The prices for Part Catered Non-Ensuite vary from £132.09 to £147.07 per week.
    The prices for Self Catered Ensuite vary from £122.92 to £154.98 per week.
    The price of Part Catered Ensuite is £168 per week.
    I have firmed Southampton University.

ReputationRep:
    If you can afford it take it. But i think you have to clean your own toilets in ensuite, where as the shared toilets are cleaned by Uni.

Most students say the extra charge is not worth it. More important is basin in room, not shower/toilets.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Nice if you can afford, but think on the money saved. Are you precious about bathrooms?

ReputationRep:
    I would say get an ensuite if I were you because the price range between a non ensuite and an ensuite isn't ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of sharing bathrooms. Sharing one with only my brother is bad enough.

I've gone En-Suite :yep: (firmed So'ton too)

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for shared bathroom - but I got to choose to share with 'quite' people (if this makes sense) so hopefully wont be too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Not a fan of sharing bathrooms. Sharing one with only my brother is bad enough.

I've gone En-Suite :yep: (firmed So'ton too)
    did you look at my i pooped and bled about 5 litres of blood thread?

in all honesty i don't really mind sharing bc i'm not being punished by the smell after....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    did you look at my i pooped and bled about 5 litres of blood thread?

in all honesty i don't really mind sharing bc i'm not being punished by the smell after....
    ewwww

on the contrary, you can hide that **** (no pun intended) with your own loo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    ewwww

on the contrary, you can hide that **** (no pun intended) with your own loo
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3971751<---- there you go
    lol i might share just to kill a few people with the smell

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think I'm going to go for non-en suite (hopefully Glen) because when you think of it yearly, you are saving about £2000. For me this is rather a lot, although of course for other people that doesn't matter too much.

While it would be lovely to have the luxury of your own bathroom, its not really the end of the world. 1st years say they barely have to wait for someone to finish and you have a cleaner so don't have to think about other people's mess.
    Chances are you'll end up sharing in 2nd/3rd year anyway -responses to this are either 'might as well get used to it' or 'make the most of the luxury while you can'...

Give a good consideration to your available funds and what you think you can deal with!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have got an accommodation offer for Glen Eyre Chancellors Court, Non-ensuite room. I however have a preference of an ensuite room. I called the accommodation team and they said a room swap might be possible if anyone would want a non-ensuite room. If anyone would be interested in a swap, and has a ENSUITE ROOM, please do contact me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.