Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Volunteering at Reading Festival 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to volunteer at Reading Festival (2016) this year but I would be going alone as none of my friends like the same music as me, and the ones that do won't volunteer. I was wondering if anyone had volunteered alone before and if its a good idea. Also is anyone else volunteering or thinking about it who would also be going alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharleyWorts)
    I wanted to volunteer at Reading Festival (2016) this year but I would be going alone as none of my friends like the same music as me, and the ones that do won't volunteer. I was wondering if anyone had volunteered alone before and if its a good idea. Also is anyone else volunteering or thinking about it who would also be going alone?
    I volunteered alone at Glastonbury a couple of years ago. It is quite nerve-wracking at first but everyone I worked with were chill and I made a few friends (admittedly though I met up with a distant acquaintance and was with them for most of my free time). If you think you'd be able to get out of your comfort zone a little and interact with the other volunteers, or even just other people in general, I'm sure you'd be fine. Even when I was alone it was kinda cool anyway, I had the freedom to stumble around where ever I wanted without having other people holding me back.

ReputationRep:
    I've volunteered at both Reading and V festival and had a great time at both. I went witha friend but there were loads of people doing it on their own who seemed to form a pretty tight group and went to catch the music together after they had finished their shifts.

A free ticket + making decent money = a brilliant weekend all round

(Original post by CharleyWorts)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! (Sorry I know this isn't really the topic on this post but in case any of you wanted to buy tickets....)

I'm an ambassador for Reading so I can sell weekend tickets for slightly reduced prices! I work with 'We-Represent' which is shown on the Reading tickets page under weekend tickets (it's just a logo so I can point it out to anyone who doesn't know where it is)

Anyways the price of a Weekend Camping ticket through us is £216 (including all booking fees and postage).
    This saves you £4 rather than go through seetickets plus it really helps me out! Anyone who books through me, I will happily meet up with you and get you a free drink!

PM me if you're interested, all I need is a full name, email and phone number and then 'We-Represent" take care of the transaction, send you an email confirmation immediately and then send out your tickets before the event. Super easy way to save you a tiny bit of cash. Thankyouuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonopolyKing)
    I've volunteered at both Reading and V festival and had a great time at both. I went witha friend but there were loads of people doing it on their own who seemed to form a pretty tight group and went to catch the music together after they had finished their shifts.

A free ticket + making decent money = a brilliant weekend all round
    Hi mate, just wondering about the 'decent money' part of your post? I thought it was a volunteering job?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Has anyone applied to volunteer at Reading??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctwinley)
    Hi! Has anyone applied to volunteer at Reading??
    Hey I have, my friends and I don't really share a similar music taste so I'm going alone.

ReputationRep:
    This is great to hear, I'm volunteering at Reading alone this year too and its good to know that there will be other people doing the same thing!!! Who are you volunteering with?

ReputationRep:
    I'm volunteering with Hotbox Events, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Woah this is so cool!! I'm volunteering with them as well

ReputationRep:
    That's cool!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.