Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I study medicine (undergrad, 5 year course) and was able to self fund my first year and will be able to fund the remainder of this year. I am not going to be able to fund my 3rd year (beginning sept 2016) and so need to apply for student finance.
    I created an account and started applying but when asked if I have previously or am currently studying I said yes and entered the details of my current course, however when asked for the start and end dates of my course, I put in my estimated graduation date (in 2019) and I was given an error message saying that the graduation date must be between this year and 2017. Am I doing this wrong?
    Any help in applying would be incredibly helpful as I have recently lost a lot of money and am already anxious about being able to fund the rest of my course unfortunately.
    Many thanks, looking forward to hearing back
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by nathorsigal)
    I study medicine (undergrad, 5 year course) and was able to self fund my first year and will be able to fund the remainder of this year. I am not going to be able to fund my 3rd year (beginning sept 2016) and so need to apply for student finance.
    I created an account and started applying but when asked if I have previously or am currently studying I said yes and entered the details of my current course, however when asked for the start and end dates of my course, I put in my estimated graduation date (in 2019) and I was given an error message saying that the graduation date must be between this year and 2017. Am I doing this wrong?
    Any help in applying would be incredibly helpful as I have recently lost a lot of money and am already anxious about being able to fund the rest of my course unfortunately.
    Many thanks, looking forward to hearing back
    Yes - previous study is asking for details of courses you've finished, you can't enter your current course in that section - leave this bit blank/say you have no previous study. It's asking to make sure that you don't already have another degree or part degree BEFORE you started your current course.

The section that asks about your current course is where you can show that you're going into 3rd year and started your course in 2014.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.