Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So, I have a VERY bad history with relationships! I always fall for girls who are bad for me! I have now been single for a while and I have stopped myself trying to find a relationship!

This is killing me!!!

I'm one of those guys who lives through my relationships! Nothing makes me happier than making someone feel loved! I long to hold someone, to cuddle a girl long into the night! It has nothing to do with sex, just a connection!

Problem is...I can't stop myself looking at every girl as a potential girlfriend and it's driving me crazy! It's really hard to explain!

Has anyone been in this situation before? I want to stop, to be happy being single, to not see every female I meet as a relationship waiting to happen!!! Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!
    • Welcome Squad

Hey,

Surprisingly (and it may be comforting to know), this happens to quite a lot of people. Everyone wants a little affection, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You have to keep on going through wrongs until you find a right, or a woman who is the closest to what you'd like a girl to be.

There is honestly no secret on how to do this, but try being friends with a female for a long time so that you can see her true nature before deciding whether you'd want to get into a relationship with her.

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Hey,

Surprisingly (and it may be comforting to know), this happens to quite a lot of people. Everyone wants a little affection, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You have to keep on going through wrongs until you find a right, or a woman who is the closest to what you'd like a girl to be.

There is honestly no secret on how to do this, but try being friends with a female for a long time so that you can see her true nature before deciding whether you'd want to get into a relationship with her.
    But how long is a long enough time? I have waited before, but things have happened and I lost her, either to distance or another guy!
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Anonymous)
    But how long is a long enough time? I have waited before, but things have happened and I lost her, either to distance or another guy!
    You need to have enough time to talk to find common interests but not leave your interactions on text for too long that they get bored from the repetitive conversations and such that you would've been able to get out of the way in real life.

You just have to treat a girl right, and there is no set way to do this. Perhaps you tried to rush into the relationship too quickly or you perhaps didn't speak about much to spark her interest and there wasn't much to you. Perhaps go somewhere fun on your first date (or hangout) where she will be able to see the good side of you and how you interact.

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    You need to have enough time to talk to find common interests but not leave your interactions on text for too long that they get bored from the repetitive conversations and such that you would've been able to get out of the way in real life.

You just have to treat a girl right, and there is no set way to do this. Perhaps you tried to rush into the relationship too quickly or you perhaps didn't speak about much to spark her interest and there wasn't much to you. Perhaps go somewhere fun on your first date (or hangout) where she will be able to see the good side of you and how you interact.
    This is good advice, thank you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.