Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am currently in Year 12, as you all know as of next year i will have to apply to unis, and i would love to get into med school but there is one problem. My GCSEs are dreadful. 2A's, 4B's and 4C's. However this year i managed to turn my life around, i got all A's in my mock exams in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics respectively. My teachers have predicted me all A* for next year as well. I have also got lots of relevant work experience.

I was suffering from depression during Year 11, but i do not think it is credible enough to fit under "extenuating circumstances".

So i dont know what to do, becoming a doctor was my dream but i feel like my GCSE's are going to hold me back forever... Any advice is appreciated..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IJFijfijffj)
    Hi guys,

I am currently in Year 12, as you all know as of next year i will have to apply to unis, and i would love to get into med school but there is one problem. My GCSEs are dreadful. 2A's, 4B's and 4C's. However this year i managed to turn my life around, i got all A's in my mock exams in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics respectively. My teachers have predicted me all A* for next year as well. I have also got lots of relevant work experience.

I was suffering from depression during Year 11, but i do not think it is credible enough to fit under "extenuating circumstances".

So i dont know what to do, becoming a doctor was my dream but i feel like my GCSE's are going to hold me back forever... Any advice is appreciated..
    If you keep your head up, focus, and believe in yourself, you will get through it eventually.
    But still have fun, you only do Year 12 once so make the most of it! 👍🏻
    Regards
    RickmanAlways

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel down, I don't think your GCSE's would be a problem – they look good!

You just need to make sure you get the grades you need in your A Levels, that's what matters.

Stay focused and you will attain your goals.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    See how you do in your AS levels - if you get an AAA prediction for A2 then go for it (apply to the med schools which don't place a lot of emphasis on a high number of GCSE A*s).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.