The Student Room Group

Jealousy..

So my girlfriend and I are both 26 and met 3 months ago. I've been feeling jealousy towards her past which I know is perhaps silly and irrational but I cant shake this feeling, it's making me depressed. She had 1 boyfriend from 20-23 before meeting me, but I cant help feel she was prettier back then and more carefree while in uni. I guess I feel like her ex had a better deal which Im jealous about, he had her younger, was her first bf, and took her virginity too. I feel like I will never see her at her in her best years or get those experiences with her that he had, it is totally stupid I know. Just getting it out there..
Reply 1
Why do so many people seem to have these completely irrational and irritating problems? Just go give her a hug, bed her, get some sun, and stop being a pansy ass jealous little girl
Cannot believe it, you probably don't deserve her, sorry.
Reply 3
I know right. Tell that to my stupid brain.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I know right. Tell that to my stupid brain.

You're not too old to bang uni girls if that's what you want, you're getting there though so you better hurry up
Reply 5
So your problem is... You don't get to be first to **** her, and like all humans she ages? Wow. Well, I guess the best advice is to stop lingering in the past, and think about the girl you actually have right now.
Stop being jealous and look to improve your own life.
You just need to remind yourself that she's not with him anymore for a reason and now she's with you. Sex with a virgin isn't that great, it can take months of sex for it to feel good for the girl and for her to get comfortable in different positions. If anything, that guy was just practice and now you have her at her mature, experienced state.
Wow, did not expect this to be the opening post, are you saying you think she's less of a great person for not being younger/'prettier' (in your opinion anyway) if so, she really does deserve better tbh
(edited 8 years ago)
The problem isn't jealousy it's your warped priorities and views of what "version" of her was better.
You clearly have a pretty unhealthy take on this.
Jealousy is normal, but you're taking it a bit far. You chose to be with her, right? So you would have known about this prior to being in a relationship with her (I'd hope at least), then you need to let it go. She is who she is right now, embrace that. If you were that bothered by those minor details then you should not have decided to be with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending