The Student Room Group

worried and confused. please help

hey there!!

im doing my alevels at the moment and have conditional offers from QM and London city to do economics. i need BBC and BCC respectively. does anyone no whether or not i may still be accepted if i dont get those grades. has anyone been accepted into these unis when theyve got lower than these grades or no anyone who has for any courses?? ive had most of my exams and they havent been goin as planned. im guessin i will be gettin something along the lines of BCD - BDD.

anyone help???
Depends how everyone else who has applied had done, if lots of people meet the offer comfortably then there is less chance they will let you in. But if there is a drop across the board in not meeting entry requirements then you might get in, who knows. :smile:
Reply 2
if u can get ur school to say u had special circumstances (illness etc) ud have more chance!
Reply 3
devils angel
hey there!!

im doing my alevels at the moment and have conditional offers from QM and London city to do economics. i need BBC and BCC respectively. does anyone no whether or not i may still be accepted if i dont get those grades. has anyone been accepted into these unis when theyve got lower than these grades or no anyone who has for any courses?? ive had most of my exams and they havent been goin as planned. im guessin i will be gettin something along the lines of BCD - BDD.

anyone help???

well, i got no way near to the grades i needed but they still offered me a place under the condition that i will do a foundation year first. and loads of unis do that.
devils angel
hey there!!

anyone help???

I'm pretty sure if you've just missed your grades you still have a chance of getting accepted. I think universities tend to give out more offers than the amount of available places, assuming some people won't make the grades and therefore it'll balance out...but on the bright side my older sister got accepted into Queen Mary's despite not getting the desired A grade in English :smile: (I know these smile's are quite bono-esque but I like them).
Reply 5
i heard that queen mary are quite lenient. the stats on the guardian website show that they take a lot of students from clearing, so perhaps this may mean that they are considerate when you miss your offer too. my cousin goes to city university and he missed his grades too and they let him in w/out any problems. his course was maths & finance or something similar.

Latest

Trending

Trending