Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Greetings!

As a result of me working full time, and not attaining my A Levels due to my own laziness when I was at College, I want to study them again through distance learning, hopefully getting the grades I need before going on to University to study a degree in Physics.

The A Levels I need to study are Mathematics with Mechanics, Chemistry, Physics, and, if I can find it, Further Maths.

Oxford College is the only place I have been able to find that others even 2 of these A Levels together, and at a reasonable price, however I have heard ffrom other posts that they are not the most organised company to go to for distance learning.

And so, I have 2 questions for you: Is it advisable, when doing more than 1 A Level at a time through distance learning, to have all your eggs in one basket and get all courses from the same place? 2: What are the best places to do distance learning for the above A Levels?

Cheers
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradPennick)
    Greetings!

As a result of me working full time, and not attaining my A Levels due to my own laziness when I was at College, I want to study them again through distance learning, hopefully getting the grades I need before going on to University to study a degree in Physics.

The A Levels I need to study are Mathematics with Mechanics, Chemistry, Physics, and, if I can find it, Further Maths.

Oxford College is the only place I have been able to find that others even 2 of these A Levels together, and at a reasonable price, however I have heard ffrom other posts that they are not the most organised company to go to for distance learning.

And so, I have 2 questions for you: Is it advisable, when doing more than 1 A Level at a time through distance learning, to have all your eggs in one basket and get all courses from the same place? 2: What are the best places to do distance learning for the above A Levels?

Cheers
    Try the National Extension College - I home schooled one of my sons up to IGCSE in all subjects with them and they were brilliant. www.nec.ac.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna Schoon)
    Try the National Extension College - I home schooled one of my sons up to IGCSE in all subjects with them and they were brilliant. www.nec.ac.uk/
    They also charge obscene fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by get_dem_A_stars)
    They also charge obscene fees.
    They're not cheap, that's for sure. But you do get what you pay for - I would say that there're good value for money. Work is marked quickly, feedback is thorough. There's the old adage: pay peanuts, get monkeys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna Schoon)
    They're not cheap, that's for sure. But you do get what you pay for - I would say that there're good value for money. Work is marked quickly, feedback is thorough. There's the old adage: pay peanuts, get monkeys!
    I guess if you need help for A levels it might be a way to go but anyone who expects to be an A* level student should save the £1500 and study at home for the A levels and be a private candidate.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BradPennick)
    Greetings!

Cheers
    Hi BradPennick,
    At NEC we have Maths, Physics and Chemistry and can help you towards 2017 exams. You will have seen the endorsement of our tutor support in the post above. "..you do get what you pay for - I would say that there're good value for money. Work is marked quickly, feedback is thorough." Also, we can guarantee exam places at 10 venues in England. Hover over our profile on the left to get in touch.
    Daniel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by National Extension College)
    Hi BradPennick,
    At NEC we have Maths, Physics and Chemistry and can help you towards 2017 exams. You will have seen the endorsement of our tutor support in the post above. "..you do get what you pay for - I would say that there're good value for money. Work is marked quickly, feedback is thorough." Also, we can guarantee exam places at 10 venues in England. Hover over our profile on the left to get in touch.
    Daniel
    Thanks for the response Daniel, and thanks to everyone else who responded. Durham University, my dream place to study, have made the suggestion of a Degree with a Foundation Year, which I am currently looking into, which Durham does provide, and on paper I am eligible for their Degree with a Foundation Year. If this does not work out, then I will definitely look more into NEC, as they appear to be the most well organised and professional of the other ones I have looked in to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.