Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a recipe for toffee cake??
    I have had a look on the net but can't find one...
    Any help would be great- I want to make it at the weekend

Ruthie xx

You sure love cooking, why not cook things that are in cook books rather then always asking us.

ReputationRep:
    English Toffee CakeSubmitted by DeeDee
    1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix 6 Skor candy bars, chopped into very small pieces, (crispy toffee bar in chocolate) 1/3 cup Kahlua liqueur 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin 2 to 3 cups whipping cream (unwhipped) 1/4 cup sugar
    1. Bake cake according to package directions in two 9-inch layer pans. Cool completely. Slice cakes in half so you have 4 rounds.
    2. Pour Kahlua into a glass measuring cup. Sprinkle with gelatin. Let soak 5 minutes. Then heat in microwave for 20 seconds, or until warm to the touch so gelatin will dissolve when stirred.
    3. Beat whipping cream, gradually adding sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the dissolved gelatin mixture.
    4. Lay cake rounds on counter. Evenly divide whipped cream on each cake. Leave sides bare. Sprinkle each layer with chopped Skor candy bars. Stack cake rounds.
    5. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours uncovered, to allow gelatin to set. Then enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cooksrecipes.com/cake/eng...ke-recipe.html

Amazing what Google can do

Tiny Kates can you make me something please? I'm home alone, i'm hungry and i can't cook well, but you evidently can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Tiny Kates can you make me something please? I'm home alone, i'm hungry and i can't cook well, but you evidently can.
    sorry. make your own

ReputationRep:
    I'm hungry too. I'd be happy with a Fab lolly

I love fab's! I suppose i better go and make myself a sandwich or hot dog or something... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix 6 Skor candy bars, chopped into very small pieces, (crispy toffee bar in chocolate) 1/3 cup Kahlua liqueur 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin 2 to 3 cups whipping cream (unwhipped) 1/4 cup sugar
    1. Bake cake according to package directions in two 9-inch layer pans. Cool completely. Slice cakes in half so you have 4 rounds.
    2. Pour Kahlua into a glass measuring cup. Sprinkle with gelatin. Let soak 5 minutes. Then heat in microwave for 20 seconds, or until warm to the touch so gelatin will dissolve when stirred.
    3. Beat whipping cream, gradually adding sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the dissolved gelatin mixture.
    4. Lay cake rounds on counter. Evenly divide whipped cream on each cake. Leave sides bare. Sprinkle each layer with chopped Skor candy bars. Stack cake rounds.
    5. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours uncovered, to allow gelatin to set. Then enjoy!
    cake mix is nasty. I'll try and find a recipe but I can't promise anything.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)

i found this but didn't know what skor bars were or kahula...:confused:

Now i'm getting scared...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    i found this but didn't know what skor bars were or kahula...:confused:
    kahlua is a toffee liquer - i dunno waht the other one is :confused:

ReputationRep:
    thanks TK!!

the links didn't work tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    thanks TK!!

the links didn't work tho
    lol sorry it came out all weird - try this

http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/GlzdnglishTffCk.asp

ReputationRep:
    Toffee cake *drools*....

Damn, now i'm serioulsy hungry *tries not to eat monitor*...

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, freshly baked plastic.

Even better, sprinkles on chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice. Those lollies are so addictive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Mmm, freshly baked plastic.

Even better, sprinkles on chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice. Those lollies are so addictive!
    STOP IT!!!!
    I don't want the college to moan about teeth marks on the monitors again.

ReputationRep:
    My monitor has these cute little rubber buttons that are just aching to be chewed...you may also be interested in the ornamental butterfly.

Aww we have no pineapple in the house I wanted to make pizza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    My monitor has these cute little rubber buttons that are just aching to be chewed...you may also be interested in the ornamental butterfly.

Aww we have no pineapple in the house I wanted to make pizza.
    No, No, No *must not eat monitor, must not eat monitor!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    No, No, No *must not eat monitor, must not eat monitor!*
    find me a toffee cake recipe and i will cook it for you and you won't be hungry any more!!
    one without all the weird ingredients that TK's had in....

Thanks
    Ruthie xx
    (thanks for trying tho TK- much appreciated!!)

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.