Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British soldier repeatedly raped girl aged 6 after 'bribing her with M&Ms' Watch

ReputationRep:
    A depraved soldier who repeatedly raped a six-year-old girl has been jailed for 19 years.Sick Mark Kelly, 32, bribed the child with M&Ms to entice her to carry out sex acts on him and told her she would be taken from her family if anyone found out.But the brave youngster plucked up the courage to tell her mum about the sickening abuse , which took place at his army base in Wiltshire.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...l-aged-7468268

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    The lack of replies on this thread compared to the other one is very telling...
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    All white British men shouldn't be allowed in Britain now.
    Tell em!

ReputationRep:
    The sad truth is people don't actually care about the victim, or give ideas on how to keep children safe. They just need an excuse to bash a religion in any way they can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    The sad truth is people don't actually care about the victim, or give ideas on how to keep children safe. They just need an excuse to bash a religion in any way they can.
    Exactly, and also can't step away from selfish interests and their own form of extremism to again, work on solutions and progress.

ReputationRep:
    All white British men shouldn't be allowed in Britain now.
    I see the point you are trying to make about some people's attitudes to immigrants, but your comment is a bit silly. Refer to last weeks comments by Theresa May on the revoking of dual citizenship for sex offenders. There, is a real issue. Also, as you are suggesting, there is the issue of child sex abuse by men indigenous to this country. Your comment doesn't really add anything to either discussion.

ReputationRep:
    i feel so sad for her. poor girl. it breaks my heart to think what she had been through

ReputationRep:
    It is a sickening attack.

The harm of a child, is inexcusable and the wanton disregard for the most basic edicts of decency thwarted in favour of the most base of impulses remains utterly repugnant.

The accused is a disgrace to the uniform, and himself.

I find it incumbent that in the interests of justice, he never be set free again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    I see the point you are trying to make about some people's attitudes to immigrants, but your comment is a bit silly. Refer to last weeks comments by Theresa May on the revoking of dual citizenship for sex offenders. There, is a real issue. Also, as you are suggesting, there is the issue of child sex abuse by men indigenous to this country. Your comment doesn't really add anything to either discussion.
    I know there is a real issue.

But another issue is stereotyping all people because of the actions of a minority- and that's what I'm satirising to demonstrate hypocrisy.

I don't disagree with revoking dual citizenship for sex offenders; I disagree that all people of that race/religion are sex offenders as well and that that should be a factor in driving policy on immigration.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa!!! Do I see a pattern here?? :eek:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3926435

Annnnd is it just me or is the word "mentally unstable" really missing in the story? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    Whoa!!! Do I see a pattern here?? :eek:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3926435

Annnnd is it just me or is the word "mentally unstable" really missing in the story? :hmmm:
    Which story?

Mental illness and the impact it has on the culpability of the offender is solely a matter for the judiciary, and psychiatrists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Yep, you're absolutely right, the threads made about every crime committed by a Muslim or an immigrant are never made through sympathy for the victim, they just see it as another story they can use to their advantage to fulfil their agendas, sometimes this place feels like it's becoming TSR's own Daily Mail comments section, a increasing mass of people getting outraged at every crime committed by a Muslim or immigrant and ignoring any crime committed by anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Yep, you're absolutely right, the threads made about every crime committed by a Muslim or an immigrant are never made through sympathy for the victim, they just see it as another story they can use to their advantage to fulfil their agendas, sometimes this place feels like it's becoming TSR's own Daily Mail comments section, a increasing mass of people getting outraged at every crime committed by a Muslim or immigrant and ignoring any crime committed by anyone else.
    Immaterial of gender, race, religion or sexuality: those who break the law are and will be, broken by it in turn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    the fact that typically pakistani/muslim men are a tiny percentage of society yet are a fairly large percentage of child groomers suggests you lack any sense of proportion here - white people are basically everybody in this society, so if somebody is a paedophile rapist like this, then it's *likely* that they're be the group that is "pretty much everybody" by definition, but if it ought to be unlikely that a rapist paedophile is pakistan based on the percentage of pakistanis in society being small, yet somehow, *many* of them are this group of criminals. by many,, I don't mean "most", I mean "more likely" by many times than "white people" (by that I simply mean the native or 'british' population). therefore, it is reasonable to plot these two things together seeing as a small group is represented so highly in the criminal department. I'm not suggesting that pakistanis ought to be deported seeing as most pakistanis are law abiding people, but if you;re trying to say "making an observation about how one group of people are much more likely to commit a certain crime as a matter of stats is wrong" then you're saying "making any kind of logical generalisation is wrong", which is stupid. just becuse a fact is unreasonable doesn't mean you ought to ignore it. that's what happened in rotherham after all. people like you were the reason why those crimes were allowed to continue.

and to respond to the OP - I honestly can't believe the world we live in sometimes.
    I don't disagree with what you are saying. It was merely a tongue in cheek comment to point out our own hypocrisy and bias.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting, hopefully he gets punished for it. He probably joined the military for all the wrong reaaons.

ReputationRep:
    I know there is a real issue.

But another issue is stereotyping all people because of the actions of a minority- and that's what I'm satirising to demonstrate hypocrisy.

I don't disagree with revoking dual citizenship for sex offenders; I disagree that all people of that race/religion are sex offenders as well and that that should be a factor in driving policy on immigration.
    I just think that of the three issues mentioned between you and I here; neither the satirist, the racist nor the extreme liberal should have a seat on the debating panel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Disgusting, hopefully he gets punished for it. He probably joined the military for all the wrong reaaons.
    He was sentenced to 19 years imprisonment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    the fact that typically pakistani/muslim men are a tiny percentage of society yet are a fairly large percentage of child groomers suggests you lack any sense of proportion here - white people are basically everybody in this society, so if somebody is a paedophile rapist like this, then it's *likely* that they're be the group that is "pretty much everybody" by definition, but if it ought to be unlikely that a rapist paedophile is pakistan based on the percentage of pakistanis in society being small, yet somehow, *many* of them are this group of criminals.
    In 2007, Whites made up approximately 92% of convicted child rapists in the UK whereas the figure for Asians is only about 2.7%. Although it's from 2007, it's unlikely to have massively changed since then,

Name:  bhjb.png
Views: 190
Size:  23.9 KB
    http://shura.shu.ac.uk/600/1/fulltext.pdf#page=5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    I just think that of the three issues mentioned between you and I here; neither the satirist, the racist nor the extreme liberal should have a seat on the debating panel.
    Hopefully you can be in charge of the panel so you can implement your ideals :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    Which story?

Mental illness and the impact it has on the culpability of the offender is solely a matter for the judiciary, and psychiatrists.
    Err the story about the British soldier.

But don't you see the point I'm trying to make? Every person who commits a crime, and is not a Muslim, somehow is mentally ill :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.