Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British soldier repeatedly raped girl aged 6 after 'bribing her with M&Ms' Watch

ReputationRep:
    QE2 We have not talked in so long.

Are you still hovering the Religion's forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    x
    no Muslim believes it to be permissible to have sex with someone who hasn't reached puberty.

This is just you, attempting to manipulate select lines from Ibn kathirs tafsir to argue for the sake of arguing.

trying to say islam justified thosemuslim men having sex - pre-maritial sex - with those girls is also stupid.

The punishment for the mens act is 100 lashes.

The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.

quran 24 - 2

and if those men raped, the punishment for the men is death. No punishment for the female.

So stop trying to twist things and say Islam played a role in the men's act...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheALevelStudent)
    Why isn't he branded by his religious beliefs? Like the papers do to Muslims.

You don't see the line 'Atheist man rapes young girl' in the papers.

(Presuming he is atheist, or whatever religion he is)
    its amazing that the atheist above is trying to suggest that Islam pushes muslims into committing those acts.

It really backs your post, some people would go to the ends of the earth in an attempt to defame muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd fc2)
    no Muslim believes it to be permissible to have sex with someone who hasn't reached puberty.
    That's quite a generalisation.
    There are certainly some scholars who have implied that, so you would seem to be incorrect.

This is just you, attempting to manipulate select lines from Ibn kathirs tafsir to argue for the sake of arguing.
    Didn't you read my post? I specifically stated that it was not my interpretation. I merely repeated what was in the Quran, hadith and tafsir.

trying to say islam justified thosemuslim men having sex - pre-maritial sex - with those girls is also stupid.
    Again, I specifically said that I did not think that was the case. I merely pointed out that scriptural justification appeared to be there. Whether particular individuals used that apparent justification is unknown to me.

So stop trying to twist things and say Islam played a role in the men's act...
    *sigh*
    For the last time, all I have done is point out the content of the Quran, hadith and tafsir. I specifically stated that I do not know whether it played a part in any event. Only that it could.

Please try to respond to what I actually said, not what you would like me to have said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd fc2)
    its amazing that the atheist above is trying to suggest that Islam pushes muslims into committing those acts.
    Read it again and you will see that is not what I said.

It really backs your post, some people would go to the ends of the earth in an attempt to defame muslims.
    Again, if you actually read and understood my post, you would see that the only criticism was of Islamic ideology, not of Muslims.

You need to be able to differentiate between an ideology based on scripture, and the behaviour of millions of different individuals.

And you really don't need to go to the ends of the earth to see the unacceptable elements of Islam. You just have to read the Quran, sunnah and tafsir. Reading it without the indoctrinated presumption that it is "beautiful" and "perfect" helps, although I understand that this is difficult, if not impossible, for some.

ReputationRep:
    ITT people use horrific news to make a point about how people use horrific news to make points. And, indeed, I guess I use the news to make a point about those people..

ReputationRep:
    I love how they keep calling him "depraved" and "sick."

A person of color would never get that excuse It would simply be implied if not blatantly said it's because of their race/religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    It's a sickening attack. Execute him.

Happy now?
    What the h is up with your flag avatar? Do you know what that represents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    the fact that typically pakistani/muslim men are a tiny percentage of society yet are a fairly large percentage of child groomers suggests you lack any sense of proportion here - white people are basically everybody in this society, so if somebody is a paedophile rapist like this, then it's *likely* that theyll be the group that is "pretty much everybody" by definition, but it ought to be unlikely that a rapist paedophile is pakistan based on the percentage of pakistanis in society being small, yet somehow, *many* of them are this group of criminals. by many,, I don't mean "most", I mean "more likely" by many times than "white people" (by that I simply mean the native or 'british' population). therefore, it is reasonable to plot these two things together seeing as a small group is represented so highly in the criminal department. I'm not suggesting that pakistanis ought to be deported seeing as most pakistanis are law abiding people, but if you;re trying to say "making an observation about how one group of people are much more likely to commit a certain crime as a matter of stats is wrong" then you're saying "making any kind of logical generalisation is wrong", which is stupid. just becuse a fact is unreasonable doesn't mean you ought to ignore it. that's what happened in rotherham after all. people like you were the reason why those crimes were allowed to continue.

and to respond to the OP - I honestly can't believe the world we live in sometimes.
    Maybe the Pakistani in those areas are the trash of Pakistan I heard the ones in certain parts of the UK are the low class ones. All i know is the ones in my area are not doing this.

ReputationRep:
    SMH.

Why is everybody arguing over muslims and race and religion! Shows a lack of respect for the story or the victim herself.

The poor girl! I feel so sorry for her and her family
    This evil piece of s*** needs to be executed asap imho.

There are people of all races that do messed up stuff like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    *Thinks seriously about using different font for sarcasm* :facepalm2:
    Lolling hard :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    Lolling hard :toofunny:
    Loooooolll at you lolling hard.

This is becoming a problem though. People reply either berating a sarcastic comment or giving me serious advice and I'm like smh and then clarify what I have to clarify what I actually meant or that it was simply just a jokey / sarcastic comment. It's just irritating that people's lack of EI wastes my time.

ReputationRep:
    Sour Patch Kids > M&Ms taste wise imo. :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Loooooolll at you lolling hard.

This is becoming a problem though. People reply either berating a sarcastic comment or giving me serious advice and I'm like smh and then clarify what I have to clarify what I actually meant or that it was simply just a jokey / sarcastic comment. It's just irritating that people's lack of EI wastes my time.
    :toofunny:

You're actually right. But you don't always have to go back and explain it to them do you now? Just let them be. Scratching their heads too :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gryffindorian)
    What the h is up with your flag avatar? Do you know what that represents?
    Yes. It represents the Confederacy. Do you want to try and give me a history lesson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    The sad truth is people don't actually care about the victim, or give ideas on how to keep children safe. They just need an excuse to bash a religion in any way they can.
    The truth has been spoken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    He was sentenced to 19 years imprisonment.
    With only 9.5 years actually spent in prison.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.