Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Very nice, my level is nowhere near this. But thank you for providing your resources, as always.

ReputationRep:
    How come Edexcel stopped this?

Thank you btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    How come Edexcel stopped this?

Thank you btw
    Before they invented the C modules, there were only 6 pure modules, so 6 mechanics modules as well meant that you could do just pure and mechanics and get 2 A levels. Once the number of pure modules increased to 7, the number of people taking M6 was going to be ridiculously small, so it wasn't worth running it.

There were only in the mid 200s taking M5 last summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Before they invented the C modules, there were only 6 pure modules, so 6 mechanics modules as well meant that you could do just pure and mechanics and get 2 A levels. Once the number of pure modules increased to 7, the number of people taking M6 was going to be ridiculously small, so it wasn't worth running it.

There were only in the mid 200s taking M5 last summer.
    Oh wow. Do you think that will be scrapped soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Oh wow. Do you think that will be scrapped soon?
    Things are all different from first exams 2019 (first teaching from September 2017), so I doubt whether they'll change anything before then. The numbers doing M5 have been reasonably steady over the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    Things are all different from first exams 2019 (first teaching from September 2017), so I doubt whether they'll change anything before then. The numbers doing M5 have been reasonably steady over the last few years.
    Ah I see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Very nice, nowhere near my level. But thank you for providing your resources, as always.
    We appreciate the modesty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I was pleasantly surprised as to how many people are interested/practicing mechanics, no longer in the syllabus.
    two or three users asked me to upload the M6 papers

So here they are
    Thanks for sharing!

I would rep you but it's not letting me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I was pleasantly surprised as to how many people are interested/practicing mechanics, no longer in the syllabus.

So here they are
    PRSOM, thank you as always TeeEm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshthemathmo)
    PRSOM, thank you as always TeeEm
    my pleasure as always

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    We appreciate the modesty.
    Mechanics isn't his strong point, so this looks like a typo tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Mechanics isn't his strong point, so this looks like a typo tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Nowhere near my level" = I'm not capable of anything close to this. I fail to see how it could be interpreted in the other way. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    "Nowhere near my level" = I'm not capable of anything close to this. I fail to see how it could be interpreted in the other way. :lol:
    It's just the structuring of the words, but the phrase is often used for the contrary case, 'my level is nowhere near this' is much less ambiguous which is how I took it to mean when I read it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    It's just the structuring of the words, but the phrase is often used for the contrary case, 'my level is nowhere near this' is much less ambiguous which is how I took it to mean when I read it
    Fair enough, I hadn't even considered the contrary case. Oh well, I've edited it to make it less ambiguous, thank you. Looks like I have a fair few haters on here.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I hadn't even considered the contrary case. Oh well, I've edited it to make it less ambiguous, thank you. Looks like I have a fair few haters on here.
    No problemo, although seem to recall this guy has done something like this before you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)

So here they are
    I took the 2003 paper fun times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    I took the 2003 paper fun times!
    happy days!

ReputationRep:
    S4 on OCR MEI has always been about 30-40 students yearly IIRC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    S4 on OCR MEI has always been about 30-40 students yearly IIRC
    I believe that the numbers for Edexcel S4 are also tiny. They tried to scrap it in 2004 but the few schools that did it kicked up a fuss.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.