Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I just applied for some universities in England, but I have hesitations to do a definitive choice...

I'm from Italy, and unfortunately in my country the conception of art is limitated to the teaching of the tecniques, without considering other key elements as medias and internet that, for me, are the ways that an artist should use to publicize himself. This is the principal reason that brought me to stuy my Foundation Year to UCA (University for the Creative Arts, Farnham).
    The hesitations that I have are from the websites that I checked to choose the best universities for my future, the rankings have too different opinions (I based my choices on "topuniversities.com and "The Guardian". I'm looking for people, maybe telling me about their personal experiences, that can suggest me the best choice to develop me as an artist ready to work. I love particularly paintings, and this is the specified area that I want to consider to choose the university.
    Do you know which is the best website or magazine that I should consider to do my selection? I also noticed that the rankings changed a lot from the 2015 to the 2016...

The universities that accepted me are

.Arts University Bournmouth (aub): some friends told me really good things about this university, but I have doubts because the rankings are to irregular. It was 9th on 2015 and 19th on 2016 The Guardian's UK ranking, and it is not considered in "topuniversities.com (world ranking).

.Kingston University London: it is 35th in the guardian (only UK) and in the top 100 of topuniversities.com's ranking (considering all the world).

othe universities that I'm considering are:

.Oxford Brookes: I applied for it but they still have not give me an answer

.NABA (Milan, Italy): it is a new university in Milan, I'm considering to come back to Italy, but only if the universities that accepted me are not good...

thank you for your attention, and I'm sorry for my English

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.