Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if you were a doctor and a 14 year old girl asked you to give her the pill?

What would you do if an elderly patient with a mid-level dementia came frequently and asked you for medication, and forget to take the others you've given in the past?

What would you do if mother of child is in pain but not life-threatening or that serious and asks you to give her an abortion?

What would you do if you had a lot of money, say 250billion pounds, how much of it (in billions or %) would you spend on what if you had to spend it on healthcare?

What would you do if a Jehovah's witness that's lost a lot of blood and unconscious and situation is life-threatening and requires blood transfusion to be saved, if:
    a) person is under 18
    b) adult
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Justtryingtolive)
    What would you do if you were a doctor and a 14 year old girl asked you to give her the pill?
    If they understood the consequences of it, you can legally give it to them.
    What would you do if an elderly patient with a mid-level dementia came frequently and asked you for medication, and forget to take the others you've given in the past?
    Watch them take it
    What would you do if mother of child is in pain but not life-threatening or that serious and asks you to give her an abortion?
    Thats a difficult one, depends how much damage its doing to their health, whether that would be allowed or not.
    What would you do if you had a lot of money, say 250billion pounds, how much of it (in billions or %) would you spend on what if you had to spend it on healthcare?
    If it could be spent on anything, 50% then give the rest to other public services.
    What would you do if a Jehovah's witness that's lost a lot of blood and unconscious and situation is life-threatening and requires blood transfusion to be saved, if:
    a) person is under 18
    b) adult
    If their under 18, ask their parents but then if they refused i d want to do it anyway.
    If their an adult and they've stated they wouldnt want one then its their choice to die i suppose.

See bold above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justtryingtolive)

a) person is under 18
    b) adult
    1. follow appropriate procedure, i.e. check they fully understood their decision, weren't being coerced or exploited etc and than prescribe it if I felt happy to do so

2. see if there is an easy strategy to implement, e.g. day labelled pill box on bedside table, phone alarm etc... refer to appropriate family/care service for support if that failed (or straight away if it seemed necessary)

3. whatever the medical guidelines said I should, presumably allow the abortion early on, probably not later on, if later on I would also offer alternatives e.g. medication

4. no idea what current budgets are, I'd probably need a lot more information... my guess would be the majority of it would go into more first point of call services to try and access care earlier on, e.g. easier access to GPs, early intervention in mental health, screening programs, first aid/resuscitation courses, lifestyle intervention

5. if the person was competently able to make their own decision I would respect it, if they weren't I would give them blood... e.g. if a 17 year old refused the treatment I would accept that, a 5 year old I probably wouldn't... I'd probably put a bit of pressure on but ultimately their choice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.