Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BBC News: Migrant crisis - UN says Europe is 'on cusp of self-induced crisis' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    This is what I suspected. You wouldn't be advocating it for Sub-Saharan Africans, many of whom die and starve on a regular basis. It comes down to tribal (even supremacist)loyalty, which is loathed and despised coming from white Europeans, but respected coming from muslims.
    I'm not a Muslim,lol. I'm a Christian. Not everyone who is from the Middle East is a Muslim,why do y'all still struggle with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I'm not a Muslim,lol. I'm a Christian. Not everyone who is from the Middle East is a Muslim,why do y'all still struggle with this
    What church do you follow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    What church do you follow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Coptic chruch(through conversion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kadeharbert)
    so very true, our only solution is to leave the EU or face being forced to absorb millions of immigrants that we simply do not have the space or facilities to cater for. Both the NHS and education system are already at their limits without the addition of many unemployed and non-English speaking migrants; many of whom are not even seeking asylum, only seeking benefits!
    No is going to force you to take millions of migrants.

ReputationRep:
    Coptic chruch(through conversion)
    Oh cool

Conversion? What were you before?

PS: thought copts were from Egypt? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Oh cool

Conversion? What were you before?

PS: thought copts were from Egypt? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My family had followed a different few nomination before I was born but I was born and raised as a Coptic

The religion originates in Egypt but you don't have to be Egyptian to be a copt

ReputationRep:
    My family had followed a different few nomination before I was born but I was born and raised as a Coptic
    Ah right, so you were baptised as a Coptic from birth?

The religion originates in Egypt but you don't have to be Egyptian to be a copt
    Of course, I meant that I didn't think many people from the Levant were copts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK, but you are Syrian, therefore it's selective-tribal loyalties which you'd never show anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'd worry .. about how aggressively some nations will start to defend their borders if the status-quo continues. At some point, somebody is going to shoot a load of migrants
    Wouldn't rule it out eh. So much avoidable human suffering, with the migrant populations being those most likely to suffer still more.. difficult as the humanitarian impetus/imperative of the diaspora may be to decelerate/quell and rationalise :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Why can't we get more security at borders then?
    Limited will/resolve, resources, and (EU) coordination vs. long and porous borders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    ’The UN has said that Europe is on the cusp of a largely self-induced humanitarian crisis’ (BBC News)

Ten times the number of migrants travelling to Europe by boat this year. Hate to say I told you so (also see spoiler below for further reference)

Thanks to European opinion leaders (read: NIMBY/ivory tower pseudo-liberal media/political elites), and their imbecilic Guardianista proponents, who have (in many cases wilfully) encouraged migrants to come, and Turkey/Greece just waving them on through, we are now looking at:

• The disintegration of Schengen, accelerated decline of the EU, and evermore fractious/fractured relations between member states

• Crime waves, an enhanced terror threat, and other atrocities e.g. mass predation of the vulnerable (Cologne etc)

• Reactive vigilantism, persecution (directed at/within migrant groups) and the very real prospect of civil unrest and race/religious riots/war

• The growing possibility of related international conflict e.g. anti-Turkish sentiments on the rise in Germany, Austria, and Greece

Spoiler:
    Show

Consequences for society long term, and race relations, don't trouble them. Their main concern is feeling morally superior to others and self-righteously denouncing them. They don't realise that by trying to impose a non-provincial, open, 'diverse' world on people and condemning opponents militantly, they'll achieve the opposite...or again, the consequences aren't their main concern, so much as their own individualistic need to feel morally superior, proving how shallow, faux-moralistic, and grating such people are. I'd add to this that all these things are driven, as usual, by the small percentage of super rich with a disproportionate influence, living in the complete fantasy world they do, not believing in the concept of a collective destiny or that they can **** on their own doorstep, always wanting these developments for the cheap labour, and the continual support and moral justifications of it, from 'liberals', supposed(can't be emphasised enough)freedom lovers, which is making them richer and richer.

ReputationRep:
    Those who are unable to leave their countries, trapped in conflict are the ones in need
    Arguably more in need, but not the only ones in need

The solution is not to allow mass immigration, but to fight the root cause of the problem .. Sympathy is great but again it does not solve the problem
    Correct assessment :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    it would be nice if the self-proclaimed humanitarians could also come around to this view instead of having a, 'let them all in, no checks needed!' attitude
    Sadly this doesn't look likely to happen until we have blood on the streets/the far right in power in the old Austro-Germanic badlands :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Fill somewhere with the third world, it will become the third world.
    "Fill" is a little OTT, is it not? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    "Fill" is a little OTT, is it not? :beard:
    Nothing wrong wth hyperbole!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    It is not as if they are short of natural resources or a long-standing civilisation upon which to build
    Bit glib/blaze, but fair point

Are you going to share your technique for preventing the kids from becoming adults?
    Perhaps Cameron et al. will share theirs - unfortunately it seems that they've caved into pressure from the woefully naive/myopic general public :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Which is why the UK aid effort is properly directed at those in camps in the Middle East, not those wealthy or aggressive enough to force their way to the borders of Europe
    Well smashed :top2:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you completely, our aid effort is currently directed at those who truly need it. I am honestly afraid that those who are currently receiving aid will be sidelined if the EU successfully force us to care for those violently trying to illegally cross the borders of EU countries
    One of many ramifications of allowing Brussels/UN/Vatican to shame/bully/coerce us into ridiculously myopic policy decisions

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Migrant crisis: EU plans penalties for refusing asylum seekers

The European Commission has proposed .. a sanction of €250,000 .. per person .. the plans would require support from most member states

The UK and Ireland can opt out. Poland had agreed to take some 7,000 asylum seekers and could face a fine of at least €1.75bn

There would be .. a change in the way family members are viewed when seeking refugee status

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Migrant crisis: EU plans penalties for refusing asylum seekers

The European Commission has proposed .. a sanction of €250,000 .. per person .. the plans would require support from most member states

The UK and Ireland can opt out. Poland had agreed to take some 7,000 asylum seekers and could face a fine of at least €1.75bn

There would be .. a change in the way family members are viewed when seeking refugee status
    What an absolute joke. Who do they think they are?
    Merkel has the cheek to allow 1 million to stay without consulting her people, thus encouraging even more to make the deadly passage. And now she wants to fine people who refuse to accept them. If the EU aren't careful they'll alienate member nations.

I really fear for where we are headed as a continent. We'll vote to remain because that's the status quo and we have a population full of unthinking sheep who don't question what the mainstream media feed them. I pray we leave, but deep down I know we won't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.