Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BBC News: Migrant crisis - UN says Europe is 'on cusp of self-induced crisis' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Sadly this doesn't look likely to happen until we have blood on the streets/the far right in power in the old Austro-Germanic badlands :erm:
    Wishful thinking on your part, the next far right group to get into power will be Islam orientated. Wont that be fun, with a little selective interpretation I'm sure our current hate speech laws will accommodate their blasphemy needs.

Is it wrong that I kinda wish the Nazis had won, they'd have killed me for sure, but the human species wouldn't be in such dire straights me thinks. Cold, ruthless, dispassionate maybe, but efficient, we'd probably be nearing the point of occupying other worlds........... oh, we would be like the Empire from Star Wars.

Instead we are debating over special toilet needs of preop transgender non-binary persons that make up .00000000000001% of the population, and the needs of invisible sky gods not to be offended.

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Angelina Jolie Pitt: Refugee system breaking down

Angelina Jolie is pushing for the British public to do more to roll their sleeves up, and get their wallets out, to help migrants

This, the noble dame who indicated that the prospect of a mansion tax deterred her from moving to the UK

#CelebrityFails

ReputationRep:
    The Economist: The world’s refugee crisis: past and present

ReputationRep:
    ’The UN has said that Europe is on the cusp of a largely self-induced humanitarian crisis’ (BBC News)

Ten times the number of migrants travelling to Europe by boat this year. Hate to say I told you so (also see spoiler below for further reference)

Thanks to European opinion leaders (read: NIMBY/ivory tower pseudo-liberal media/political elites), and their imbecilic Guardianista proponents, who have (in many cases wilfully) encouraged migrants to come, and Turkey/Greece just waving them on through, we are now looking at:

• The disintegration of Schengen, accelerated decline of the EU, and evermore fractious/fractured relations between member states

• Crime waves, an enhanced terror threat, and other atrocities e.g. mass predation of the vulnerable (Cologne etc)

• Reactive vigilantism, persecution (directed at/within migrant groups) and the very real prospect of civil unrest and race/religious riots/war

• The growing possibility of related international conflict e.g. anti-Turkish sentiments on the rise in Germany, Austria, and Greece

Spoiler:
    Show

That's the irony. These so called tolerant progressive liberals so often advocate the things occurring that will lead to the opposite. Or maybe it isn't ironic, maybe they don;'t care. In fact, I think they prefer the feeling of being morally superior to another group of people, defining their beliefs against them, than the implementation of policies which would result in more civilized consequences. Then it might be that everyone has reasonable moderate views and they can no longer feel they are in some super sophisticated and morally superior intelligentsia....anyone feel me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You shouldn't just think about yourself, think about fellow humans who are suffering around the world
    True, it's about balance. Remember that the UK has contributed more in aid, per capita, to the Syrian Crisis than any other country on earth :yy:

ReputationRep:
    EU Press release: European Commission and IT Companies announce Code of Conduct on illegal online hate speech

"Some Members of the European Parliament have characterized the EU's code of online conduct — which requires "offensive" material to be removed from the Internet within 24 hours, and replaced with "counter-narratives" — as "Orwellian."" (Gatestone Institute)

ReputationRep:
    Wow. This guy smashed it!

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: EU referendum: Nigel Farage sex attack claims 'outrageous'

"UKIP's leader [said] the risk of attacks like those in Cologne, Germany, would be 'the nuclear bomb' of the referendum campaign"

"Mr Farage claimed women could be at risk because of 'very big cultural' issues between British society and migrants"

"Asked whether .. Cologne could happen [here], he replied: 'depends if they get EU passports. It depends if we vote for Brexit or not. It is an issue'"

"Tory MP Andrea Leadsom, who backs Brexit, said 'obviously that is just an outrageous thing to say .. I don't like that sort of campaigning at all'"

"Michael Gove said.. 'he's made those remarks and I haven't made remarks like that and I won't make remarks like that'"

Archbishop Welby said "it is an inexcusable pandering to peoples' worries and prejudices that's giving legitimisation to racism .. for political gain"

"But Mr Farage also told the Telegraph the 'honesty and straightforwardness' of the prime minister was now being questioned by voters"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    a large influx of people with an alien and misogynistic culture and morals, backward superstitious beliefs, a propensity to persecute some groups and a history of screwing up the country they live in would be severely detrimental to the well-being of the UK
    +1. Conventional wisdom: you're a selfish, bigoted, xenophobic, racist, holocaust denying, neo-imperialist/fascist, white privileged male (oppressive scum, not entitled to an opinion and a legitimate target for reverse racism), who has absolutely no compassion and is bordering on sociopath

Have a nice day :hippie:

#EveryDayEgalitarianTreachery

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have no sympathy for any other human but yourself
    Literally no idea where you got this from. 1 + 1 = 69?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway,what's going to happen once turkey joins the EU?

ReputationRep:
    Literally no idea where you got this from. 1 + 1 = 69?
    I like :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    inb4:

'anti-white agenda'
    'jewsdiddit'
    'sweden yes!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    You say that as though it's a certainty. It isn't
    The uncertainty that exists surrounds the question of just how quickly the EU will stack e.g. will it do so before there's a change of regime in Turkey. The will exists among virtually all European leaders to welcome them 'when the time is right', including Dodgey Dave, who's publicly, explicitly stated he wants them in the cosy Crony Capitalist club

ReputationRep:
    50:50 really
    Excepting EU collapse (which I predict, within a few years), the odds of Turkey joining are much higher than 50% when you consider that in many respects they are a mere change of government away from winning the approval of the vast majority of member states :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Hard to see how lethal force will continue to not be an option in the future. Closing borders and negative attitudes towards migrants won't be enough to discourage people from coming
    Why lethal force? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Turkey has about as much chance as Canada of joining the EU in the next fifty years
    News: Turkey Gloats: "The Crusader Union Falls Apart"

ReputationRep:
    News: Cameron tells EU leaders they must offer UK more control over immigration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Given that states can only join with the unanimous consent of all 28 existing member states..
    News: Turkey announces fresh round of EU talks

Turkey's collusion with the group that is causing it
    Turkey is now a 'victim' too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    I would have a thought an advanced society such as Europe
    Not a single society, and the European Union has become, in many respects, regressive (hence we've voted to leave)

..with competent people at the helm

It's made things worse for real refugees
    it has increased racial tensions and hatred
    it has increased the crime rates of one of the safest places on earth
    Europe will definitely be facing a reduction in the tourism industry
    Spot on!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.