Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BBC News: Migrant crisis - UN says Europe is 'on cusp of self-induced crisis' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    So the earth turns to a massive border-less superstate
    That's what the cultural marxist crypto-fascist global capitalists want, aye. World government: political representatives far removed from the people they control, and far more easy to control/influence by super-elite special interests. This is the nature of the battle that humanity has on its hands now. Forget climate change, this is the big one, and the battle lines are being drawn

First comes invited terror a la Migrant Crisis, then comes the excuse to ramp up security and impose ever tighter control over the right of the public to bear arms (gun control), then comes the use of economic catastrophe (impoverishment) and technology (rise of the machines) to divide, weaken, and oppress the masses, then comes an existential struggle that could be very bleak indeed. Strap yourselves in kids!

a victim of conflict in Cameroon/Mexico/Pakistan is less worthy of being a victim than if you are from Syria/Libya?
    Tell me about it. Perhaps if we had more viral footage of little bloodied/drowned kids from those backgrounds sheeple would start to (momentarily/pretend to) give a **** about them too :dontknow:

So Saudi Arabians should be held in a lower standard than Europeans?
    Oh totes! KSA has pervaded the West in deeply insidious ways. Sooner or later the people of affected regions will say enough's enough. We're already seeing it on the continent, and unless leaders get a grip and examine some hard home truths/consider some pretty politically incorrect policies (with more teeth than arbitrary/random burkini bans) it's going to turn very, very ugly :erm:

ReputationRep:
    News: 10,000 migrants rescued off Libyan coast in the space of 48 hours

ReputationRep:
    The UN is a completely useless gravy train

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohonick)
    These people ran away from gunfire and bombing and airstrikes
    Which people would these be, and why did they then keep on running.. Forest Gump moment times ten million? Probably not :rolleyes:

do you really think a little water will break their spirit?
    A powerful jet of freezing cold water will physically contain them and dampen their invader zeal, no question :woo:

ReputationRep:
    BBC Documentary: Sweden: Exporting Islamic Extremism

Rather surprised to see the Beeb running with this, not least because parts of the UK are shaping up the exact same way:mute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    even more white-guilt from "the left"
    Not possible

propaganda fuel for anti-west Islamist groups
    May not be too long before their basis (Salafi/Sunni leaders < institutions < communities) is expunged from these lands (Europe), for better or worse, anyway, if things continue on their present course :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Adults posing as teenage asylum seekers to gain entry to the UK

Quite why we are admitting 'jungle' dwellers is beyond me (presumably our 'leadership' caved into pressure from the French)

Many of these people do not share common language, culture, customs, religion, ethnicity, or civilisational affinity. They are aliens who, frankly, do not belong here and seldom (make sufficient effort to) fit in and integrate in our society. A minority do, of course, and are welcome (if not always/sustainably guaranteed to remain welcomed*), but how can we filter for them, a priori?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    BBC News: Adults posing as teenage asylum seekers to gain entry to the UK

Quite why we are admitting 'jungle' dwellers is beyond me (presumably our 'leadership' caved into pressure from the French)

Many of these people do not share common language, culture, customs, religion, ethnicity, or civilisational affinity. They are aliens who, frankly, do not belong here and seldom (make sufficient effort to) fit in and integrate in our society. A minority do, of course, and are welcome (if not always/sustainably guaranteed to remain welcomed*), but how can we filter for them, a priori?
    Isn't the Sweden under 14s springing champion a Syrian or Afghan migrant? I remember reading about it. The guy looks like Mikel Arteta's 32 year-old brother
    :lol:

These guys are 14/15 apparently. They'll be going to school with actual kids. This is a massive thing in Sweden apparently with guys like these and Eritreans looking like Jay-Z lol

ReputationRep:
    It is sad, Europe has suffered many wars and Civil wars and came out shaken but always carried on and yet now we are being destroyed by those within our borders and those who rule over countries or political Organizations.

We have been sent a Trojan horse splintered into 1000's of pieces so that most people will not see the Threat that it poses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It is not the water which will break their spirit, it is the cold after the water
    Aye, the shock/pain will deter some, the cold others, but this is only really useful at flashpoints. More generally you have the task of attempting to police porous borders spanning hundreds of miles. As the Hungarian Governmental spokesman said on BBC News t'other day, you can't resolve Calais type issues until/unless you secure Southern Europe against infiltration

ReputationRep:
    The majority of Leavers polled by YouGov thought it was wrong to admit even a small number of child refugees from Calais. The political elites continue to ignore our will and execute non-mandated, myopic migration policy, storing up potential social problems (not least for these 'vulnerable' migrants themselves)

The powers that be are attempting to pass grown men off as children, claiming family ties to the UK without making explicit the closeness of these ties, and refusing to divulge numbers they are, all of a sudden, bringing in by the bus load

All because the EU failed to deal with the migrant crisis till now and the French are desperate to close a chaotic 'jungle', where law of the jungle has reigned supreme for some time, and British politicians had their arms twisted (presumably) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Francois Hollande tells the British to go to the new jungle and take their share (of 1,500) to welcome them in Britain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Unless they are forcefully prevented they will keep coming in their million
    It's ok, we've accepted hundreds from the 'jungle' now, and may yet accept more, crisis over

I'd be more worried about that as a young women than anyone...Amazes me how little resolve or clear thinking European women display on this issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    violence will not solve anything in this situation
    Depends which component we're talking about. With some of these thugs, alas, violence is the only thing they'll respond to :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Ish. There's only one culture which is hugely repellent
    Gangsta/gang-banger (mal)culture we can also do without, not to mention cultural Marxism - arguably responsible for the bulk of all inter-cultural strife :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Berlin truck attack

"Germany's Spiegel Online reports that investigators are looking for a Tunisian after an ID card was found in the truck. Police have not commented.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, whose "open door" policy on migrants has been criticised by her opponents, acknowledged fears that the attacker could be one of them.

'I know that it would be particularly difficult for us all to bear if it turned out that the person who committed this act was someone who had sought protection and asylum in Germany,' she said."

Hate to say I told you so :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kadeharbert)
    3 billion people live on less thank $2.50 a day, you really think allowing these immigrants at the border will make even a dent on that figure? What you don't realise is those that can afford to travel to Europe do not have it anywhere near the worst. Those who are unable to leave their countries, trapped in conflict are the ones in need. The solution is not to allow mass immigration, but to fight the root cause of the problem. Allowing migrants in only worsens the situation as it does not provide a solution, it merely distracts us from the real issue. Sympathy is great but again it does not solve the problem. Giving the migrants a reason to return home by providing safe conditions there would be a far better alternative.
    Hit the nail on the head. But now with the russian ambassador shot dead, I have a feeling Putin is only going to leave behind scorched earth for them.

ReputationRep:
    BBC News: Berlin truck attack

"Germany's Spiegel Online reports that investigators are looking for a Tunisian after an ID card was found in the truck. Police have not commented.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, whose "open door" policy on migrants has been criticised by her opponents, acknowledged fears that the attacker could be one of them.

'I know that it would be particularly difficult for us all to bear if it turned out that the person who committed this act was someone who had sought protection and asylum in Germany,' she said."

Hate to say I told you so :rolleyes:
    ****'s getting of hand. That could have been one of my family members killed in the attack. It's good to see the Muslims out in solidarity,goes to show we shouldn't let a few disgusting individuals taint the image of refugees and asylum seekers. I know the far right take these attacks and capitalise on them, spreading their racist and xenophobic views.

ReputationRep:
    Can UK officially leave the bloody EU already. Then it won't matter as much what happens in Europe. Quite frankly, leave them to their devices and let the countries where the migrants are mostly coming from sort themselves out so they won't have to leave and mess up everywhere else, though it's not entirely the citizens' fault that they're destitute or in danger.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, we've accepted hundreds from the 'jungle' now, and may yet accept more, crisis over

ohh ****. you've seen the video..??

woww. here i thought i was the only one looooooool.

(they aren't wrong still on a sly note, in my opinion ofcourse..)

however, keeping the conversation on the topic of the page; i'd much prefer it if the EU (long-term shot) implements an Australia type of immigration policy.. however realizing that that will never happen, i'd just settle for the U.K implementing that type of immigration policy (but not before kicking all the illegals already here though)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.