Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BBC News: Migrant crisis - UN says Europe is 'on cusp of self-induced crisis' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Oh noes.

They can join what they like, as long as they're kept away from Europe.

The current wave of migrants have shown they have nothing of value to offer.
    Because you choose not to see the benefits over the fears that they are all ISIS members -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Ha! So you admit your post was deliberate spam and had no credibility.
    I admit that I didn't think anyone, especially some no-lifer with 10gems, would get so hung up and start crying over something like that.

But my point still stands, only about 0.0001% of the immigrants are actively causing threats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohonick)
    Because you choose not to see the benefits over the fears that they are all ISIS members -_-
    There aren't any benefits though.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't any benefits though.
    Look back at the immigration the mid-20th century, Indian, Pakistani, Ugandan, Kenyan, Trinidad and Tobago - all of these immigrants made Britain the tolerant, multicultural place it is today.

And this whole immigration to Europe is a massive propaganda victory against ISIS, these people are refuting ISIS and accepting democracy. Would you rather that most of the Muslim immigrants just joined the extremist group in response to being neglected by the west?

ReputationRep:
    Look back at the immigration the mid-20th century, Indian, Pakistani, Ugandan, Kenyan, Trinidad and Tobago - all of these immigrants made Britain the tolerant, multicultural place it is today.
    They weren't causing mass rapes all over Europe.

And this whole immigration to Europe is a massive propaganda victory against ISIS, these people are refuting ISIS and accepting democracy. Would you rather that most of the Muslim immigrants just joined the extremist group in response to being neglected by the west?
    As long as they're not in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    They weren't causing mass rapes all over Europe.

As long as they're not in Europe.
    Neither are the immigrants now. The problem is exaggerated by the media and used by right-wing propaganda to press for more isolationism because it is easier to blame economic recession and poor quality of life on a bunch of people coming into your country. Now I'm not deny they happened, but the scale of them was bloated by the media.

But I can't really take your opinion seriously. You would really rather people joined an active terrorist organisation which kills people, attacks the west, and spreads hate propaganda throughout the world, than come here? You are an utter idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I admit that I didn't think anyone, especially some no-lifer with 10gems, would get so hung up and start crying over something like that.

But my point still stands, only about 0.0001% of the immigrants are actively causing threats.
    When your argument is so bad that you resort to feeble personal insults it really is time you packed up.

these immigrants made Britain the tolerant, multicultural place it is today
    More nonsense. Britain is a generally tolerant place, so they were accepted.

It has its limits, though, in terms of both rate of immigration and in terms of those who try to come. The current crop from the Middle East are an unprincipled, aggressive, superstitious bunch, judging by their behaviour at the borders and are not likely to assimilate well, especially in such numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    When your argument is so bad that you resort to feeble personal insults it really is time you packed up.

More nonsense. Britain is a generally tolerant place, so they were accepted.

It has its limits, though, in terms of both rate of immigration and in terms of those who try to come. The current crop from the Middle East are an unprincipled, aggressive, superstitious bunch, judging by their behaviour at the borders and are not likely to assimilate well, especially in such numbers.
    You have no reason to try to hide away and cry from an insult when you were the one driving this off topic, going insane about me putting a decimal place two places further to the right than is accurate by accident. Grow up, I'm done here, you're just another victim of right-wing scaremongering, and you are playing directly into ISIL's hands.

ReputationRep:
    Mother Europe is a sloot

ReputationRep:
    Neither are the immigrants now.
    They still are.

ReputationRep:
    You have no reason to try to hide away and cry
    Who is hiding?

ReputationRep:
    They still are.
    The Daily Mail is the UK's second most unreliable newspaper. They have been sued many times, they scaremonger for profits and are strictly pro-Tory and anti-EU.

More rapes occur daily with native people than with the immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    More rapes occur daily with native people than with the immigrants.
    Think before you write. Of course that is true: there are about 750 million people in the EU, and 1.3 million immigrants last year.

In Sweden, though, it has been shown that immigrants and their children commit rape and sexual assault at a rate 5.5 times higher than non-immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    The million dollar question : what does Europe gain from hosting refugees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheap labour
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    ’The UN has said that Europe is on the cusp of a largely self-induced humanitarian crisis’ (BBC News)

Ten times the number of migrants travelling to Europe by boat this year. Hate to say I told you so (also see spoiler below for further reference)

Thanks to European opinion leaders (read: NIMBY/ivory tower pseudo-liberal media/political elites), and their imbecilic Guardianista proponents, who have (in many cases wilfully) encouraged migrants to come, and Turkey/Greece just waving them on through, we are now looking at:

• The disintegration of Schengen, accelerated decline of the EU, and evermore fractious/fractured relations between member states

• Crime waves, an enhanced terror threat, and other atrocities e.g. mass predation of the vulnerable (Cologne etc)

• Reactive vigilantism, persecution (directed at/within migrant groups) and the very real prospect of civil unrest and race/religious riots/war

• The growing possibility of related international conflict e.g. anti-Turkish sentiments on the rise in Germany, Austria, and Greece

Spoiler:
    Show

We need to do four things.

1. Overthrow and elect a new government. (Jail most of labour and the conservatives)
    2. Jail the bankers and corrupt company leaders.
    3. Leave the EU.
    4. Use our army to keep illegals out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    We need to do four things.

1. Overthrow and elect a new government. (Jail most of labour and the conservatives)
    2. Jail the bankers and corrupt company leaders.
    3. Leave the EU.
    4. Use our army to keep illegals out.
    This is a pathetically impractical set of proposals.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is a pathetically impractical set of proposals.
    So you enjoy being shafted and having your freedoms bit by bit taken away by the EU and our traitor Pro-EU bumming government.

ReputationRep:
    So you enjoy being shafted and having your freedoms bit by bit taken away by the EU and our traitor Pro-EU bumming government.
    I think that a unified set of countries has more leverage on the international and domestic stage than 28 countries fighting for their own separate interests, regardless of whether that takes away some random freedoms which I wouldn't exercise anyway.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think that a unified set of countries has more leverage on the international and domestic stage than 28 countries fighting for their own separate interests, regardless of whether that takes away some random freedoms which I wouldn't exercise anyway.
    Seemed to work for the USSR. I mean Stalin and the bolsheviks didn't mean to kill 60 million of his own citizens, it was all just a accident....

ReputationRep:
    Seemed to work for the USSR. I mean Stalin and the bolsheviks didn't mean to kill 60 million of his own citizens, it was all just a accident....
    The EU is not the USSR. Pull yourself together.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.