Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When did being in love cause you the most pain? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Last summer, we were so unstable that we'd patch it up on one night and break down on the next. I did all-nighters waiting up for him with a nine hour time difference, and he didn't care. It broke me. I cried myself senseless all day and was utterly catatonic, but I loved him. I loved him enough to forgive him and keep pushing for the relationship, until he broke up with me four weeks later.

Six months flash forward, and we're together again, and more enchanted with each other than ever. Rough patches can be very rough, but it's quite lovely when you're together.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this counts, but I recently went to a show, and there was this androgynous-looking girl who was sitting 2 rows in front of me. She was either talking to her boyfriend or brother, but she looked so beautiful. I'd never seen anyone so captivating. During the break half-way through the show, I sat on my table with my family and watched her from across the room. She was standing next to the bar with a drink in her hand. She looked so happy.

Going back to my house that night hurt, a lot. I never even spoke to her or knew her name, She probably didn't even notice me, and that's what hurt the most. I just sat on my bed with my head in my hands at 4am. It was horrid.

ReputationRep:
    When he left to go into the Marines without even saying goodbye... Saw him every Friday at TKD for 6 years and then he was just gone

But that was two years ago and I got over it quite easily because I knew I could never really have him as he hated the age gap of 3 years 😕😔

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't true love but it could have been. I dated a girl I met on Tinder for a few weeks back in January. I'm 24 and it was the closest thing I'd had to a relationship in my life. I loved every minute of it. The kisses and cuddles and everything else, it was just magical. Unfortunately I made some stupid mistakes and lied about my past. This made me lose her and she was gone from my life as quickly as she had arrived. The aftermath was horrible, I tried to get her back but she deleted me on Facebook and blocked me on Whatsapp. She said she couldn't trust me and when no one has ever said that to you before it's like a knife through your heart. I would wake up every morning with this horrible sick empty feeling in my stomach that would last all day.

All I could think about was this life with her that I felt I should be living and I had thrown it all away because of my own insecurity. I would stay away from my phone for hours, hoping that when I would check it there would be a message from her. My friends and family were amazing in their support for me during the whole thing. I don't know what I would have done without them being there for me. It hurt so much for me because I have wanted this for so long and for years was holding onto this hope that I would eventually meet someone who would like me in that way and give me that chance, and when I finally did I blew it and it's all my fault that it happened. I guess it's all a learning experience and will benefit me in the long run.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    When I stupidly dumped my partner years ago not long after we first started going out. I don't even remember the reason tbh but we were young and it was no doubt silly and totally unjustified. We were apart for a year with zero contact and thankfully we got back together and grew up a lot in that space and we've been together since but that year apart made me realise that you can't take people for granted and that he was the only person I wanted and I'm lucky he felt the same way still.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lying, betraying, misleading, disloyalty, etc. That's when it hurt the most.

(Original post by iliacl)
    Last summer, we were so unstable that we'd patch it up on one night and break down on the next. I did all-nighters waiting up for him with a nine hour time difference, and he didn't care. It broke me. I cried myself senseless all day and was utterly catatonic, but I loved him. I loved him enough to forgive him and keep pushing for the relationship, until he broke up with me four weeks later.

Six months flash forward, and we're together again, and more enchanted with each other than ever. Rough patches can be very rough, but it's quite lovely when you're together.
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Not sure if this counts, but I recently went to a show, and there was this androgynous-looking girl who was sitting 2 rows in front of me. She was either talking to her boyfriend or brother, but she looked so beautiful. I'd never seen anyone so captivating. During the break half-way through the show, I sat on my table with my family and watched her from across the room. She was standing next to the bar with a drink in her hand. She looked so happy.

Going back to my house that night hurt, a lot. I never even spoke to her or knew her name, She probably didn't even notice me, and that's what hurt the most. I just sat on my bed with my head in my hands at 4am. It was horrid.
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    When he left to go into the Marines without even saying goodbye... Saw him every Friday at TKD for 6 years and then he was just gone

But that was two years ago and I got over it quite easily because I knew I could never really have him as he hated the age gap of 3 years 😕😔
    (Original post by cvslfc123)
    It wasn't true love but it could have been. I dated a girl I met on Tinder for a few weeks back in January. I'm 24 and it was the closest thing I'd had to a relationship in my life. I loved every minute of it. The kisses and cuddles and everything else, it was just magical. Unfortunately I made some stupid mistakes and lied about my past. This made me lose her and she was gone from my life as quickly as she had arrived. The aftermath was horrible, I tried to get her back but she deleted me on Facebook and blocked me on Whatsapp. She said she couldn't trust me and when no one has ever said that to you before it's like a knife through your heart. I would wake up every morning with this horrible sick empty feeling in my stomach that would last all day.

All I could think about was this life with her that I felt I should be living and I had thrown it all away because of my own insecurity. I would stay away from my phone for hours, hoping that when I would check it there would be a message from her. My friends and family were amazing in their support for me during the whole thing. I don't know what I would have done without them being there for me. It hurt so much for me because I have wanted this for so long and for years was holding onto this hope that I would eventually meet someone who would like me in that way and give me that chance, and when I finally did I blew it and it's all my fault that it happened. I guess it's all a learning experience and will benefit me in the long run.
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    When I stupidly dumped my partner years ago not long after we first started going out. I don't even remember the reason tbh but we were young and it was no doubt silly and totally unjustified. We were apart for a year with zero contact and thankfully we got back together and grew up a lot in that space and we've been together since but that year apart made me realise that you can't take people for granted and that he was the only person I wanted and I'm lucky he felt the same way still.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow thank you all for your honest and heartbreaking stories.

One of the things about love hurting that makes it better is finding solidarity in your humanity with others.

That's why music really is one of the best healers, because you can identify with the song through it's mood, sound, or lyrics.

I hope you all find the higher love in life you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow thank you all for your honest and heartbreaking stories.

One of the things about love hurting that makes it better is finding solidarity in your humanity with others.

That's why music really is one of the best healers, because you can identify with the song through it's mood, sound, or lyrics.

I hope you all find the higher love in life you deserve.
    Thank you for those kind words. It's made things a lot easier knowing that I'm not the only one who has been through this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Come off anonymous. Most people have controversial views that might offend people. The difference is most don't have to use an anonymous function to have the balls to say what they think.
    i never post anon but i had the balls and
    i thought a pedo bear was appropriate for a certain thread and i got a yellow card

http://i.imgur.com/kGisi63.png

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.