Turn on thread page Beta

What era do you belong in? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just apply for Supermarket jobs and hide your degree. That's what I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'd rather be alive now but my political views remind me of the pre-WW1 Liberals before they lost their way. A belief in free trade, an acceptance of social change but also a belief in eugenics and empire. A time when Britain ruled the seas and our politicians had ambition.
    The most prominent free traders of the, pre-WW1, 19th century era, namely Richard Cobden and John Bright (and their followers), were anti-imperialist.

Also, the Liberals became far more supportive of eugenics after they had "lost their way". Don't forget two of the most important new Liberals, Keynes and Beveridge,were enthusiastic supporters of eugenics (the former served as the director of the British Eugenics society for some time).

ReputationRep:
    1950s. The dawn of the welfare state.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pre-Columbus :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    1950s. The dawn of the welfare state.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao good one, before the brutalist housing blocks

ReputationRep:
    Every time is my time to make use of.

However, if I had to choose one, I would choose the time that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was alive so I could ask him a million questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gryffindorian)
    Lmao good one, before the brutalist housing blocks
    But after the start of the NHS so I can see a doctor when I need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1970s only because I love flare jeans and the hair

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was born in the 60s so I could have been a teen/young adult in the 80s a d then go and see bands like The Smiths and Joy Division live.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desideria)
    Totally agree. The 1920s and 30s were something else.
    I dunno... the prohibition times... nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazingArry)
    I dunno... the prohibition times... nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I don't drink, so that wouldn't have bothered me I do, however, believe that everyone should make their own choices and prohibition in the US was just ridiculous. Did more harm than good.
    Europe in that time is where I would have wanted to be, Paris or London, maybe Berlin.

ReputationRep:
    Any era is not a good time to be in, there's always something to ruin your day.

At first thought I'd say I'd like to have been born fifty years earlier. All my favourite music was starting to come out then, and technology was just starting to become a real thing, with computers and hi-fis and the like.

But then I think, actually, I was born at the right time. I can get my favourite music cheaply, and enjoy it with people who are similar to me. There's a huge computer revolution brewing, and I'm one of the lucky people who, in another fifty years, is going to be able to say I remember it and what it meant. Not only that, but with my mental disabilities and autism, I wouldn't have had a chance fifty years ago.

Moral of the story: be content with what you've got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desideria)
    Well, I don't drink, so that wouldn't have bothered me I do, however, believe that everyone should make their own choices and prohibition in the US was just ridiculous. Did more harm than good.
    Europe in that time is where I would have wanted to be, Paris or London, maybe Berlin.
    If you ask anyone who lived through the Great Depression if they fancy revisiting it I don't think you'll get a positive response.

ReputationRep:
    Pre-1858 or post-1947

I'd say 1950s but I'm not naïve enough to not realise that I'd practically have zero rights and opportunities if I were born with the same gender and ethnicity

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.