Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can I message her on FB if she accepts friend request? Watch

Im thinking of adding a girl i like at my uni (same year and course) on fb.

the issue is we have never talked, we have seen each other in and out of uni and made eye contact.

so what could i message her?

ive got this week off and see her on monday, i dont know if i should wait until i talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    'Hello, I think i've seen you around. You study X right? Curious, what module are you doing?'

ReputationRep:
    Wanna feck ???

(Original post by whorace)
    'Hello, I think i've seen you around. You study X right? Curious, what module are you doing?'
    thats a good start, thanks. i dont think ill say the second question, since we do the same modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thats a good start, thanks. i dont think ill say the second question, since we do the same modules.
    Ask about that then, people love to be asked for advice it makes them feel needed.

Ask about that then, people love to be asked for advice it makes them feel needed.
    thanks ill try and do this. I just realised i dont need to be her friend on fb to message her.

ReputationRep:
    Ask if she understood a certain theory/part of the syllabus because you aren't 100% certain what it meant, something like that. Whatever you say, just be chill and relaxed and don't give it too much weight. Women tend to like a guy with an air of cool confidence. If she replies then great, but if she doesn't then so what? You made an attempt and would have nothing to feel bad about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Ask if she understood a certain theory/part of the syllabus because you aren't 100% certain what it meant, something like that. Whatever you say, just be chill and relaxed and don't give it too much weight. Women tend to like a guy with an air of cool confidence. If she replies then great, but if she doesn't then so what? You made an attempt and would have nothing to feel bad about.
    Plus if you play it right you come across as both humble ('I don't know all the answers and i'm not afraid to ask) and assertive ('but I got the confidence and brains to ask')

ReputationRep:
    How do you know her name if you've never talked to her? And how do you know if you like her if you haven't had a conversation?

ReputationRep:

the issue is we have never talked, we have seen each other in and out of uni and made eye contact.

ive got this week off and see her on monday, i dont know if i should wait until i talk to her.
    Just add and message her and say 'Hey, hope you don't mind the request we study the same course at uni and wondered how you were getting on with module blah blah '
    Could give you something to talk about when you do see her next week.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with 'yo ***** saw u around, wot room u in i'll come fook ye'

(Original post by Katarvi)
    Okay, if I do end up messaging her this is what I've thought of:

"Hey, I've seen you around in lectures. Do you know if xyz topic is gonna be on the algebra test next week? None of my friends were in for the lecture on Monday."

What do u think?

ReputationRep:

"Hey, I've seen you around in lectures. Do you know if xyz topic is gonna be on the algebra test next week? None of my friends were in for the lecture on Monday."

What do u think?
    That could work, you really just need any kind of excuse to start the ball rolling really. Start with that and see how it goes, ask her how she's liking the course, make a joke about the professors/uni/whatever, be friendly and confident but not arrogant. When you see her in lectures make eye contact and smile, say hi if the situation approaches or feels right.

Generally don't put all your eggs into this basket, be yourself and see what happens.

ReputationRep:

What do u think?
    Have you messaged her? If not go for it stop waiting around.

ReputationRep:

I think its better if you make first impressions in person, just walk up to her when shes alone and be like "Hey, I've seen you around a few times, I'm *your name* Nice to meet you" It would be one hundred times better if you did that in person rather than facebook where she might think youre a stalker

(Original post by Shiv is Light)
    I think its better if you make first impressions in person, just walk up to her when shes alone and be like "Hey, I've seen you around a few times, I'm *your name* Nice to meet you" It would be one hundred times better if you did that in person rather than facebook where she might think youre a stalker
    I prefer to talk to her in person, but I just never get the opportunity to because she is always with friends in and out of uni so I find it hard to approach her.

ReputationRep:
    be polite and just say hi- you never know what may come from it if you don't give it a shot

(Original post by dontspoilthefun)
    be polite and just say hi- you never know what may come from it if you don't give it a shot
    On fb?

ReputationRep:
    "I have a profile on TSR."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    How do you know her name if you've never talked to her? And how do you know if you like her if you haven't had a conversation?
    He probably stalks her at uni and he is just lusting after her looks, i would've messaged her by now if i was him instead of wasting time worrying about sending a simple message on facebook.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.