Turn on thread page Beta

Can't eat, can't sleep and can't breathe watch

Announcements

well i can breathe otherwise i'd be dead. BUT i'm sooooo ******** myself over thurs 14 aug. I literally feel like going to the moon coz i'm so jumpy and agitated.

It'll make me feel a whole lot better if anybody else has these really abnormal physical reactions.

I just wish that i knew my results (even if i really screwed up) to get away from the pain and agony

ReputationRep:
    thats just a lil bit extreme i would say. i for one always think logically and never let my emotions get the top of me. I would prefer not thinking about the results. although i know that my future lies in that printed piece of paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    well i can breathe otherwise i'd be dead. BUT i'm sooooo ******** myself over thurs 14 aug. I literally feel like going to the moon coz i'm so jumpy and agitated.

It'll make me feel a whole lot better if anybody else has these really abnormal physical reactions.

I just wish that i knew my results (even if i really screwed up) to get away from the pain and agony
    I am the same except for the 21st....maybe it is just the heat getting to us.

ReputationRep:
    hiya, I always feel that way about big results days. To be honest i didn't give one about the jan results but i'm so so scared about thursday. Don't worry about being worried it'll just give you something else to panick about. Just remember most people are ******** themselves too. As embarrassing as this sounds I made spread sheets to work out all the possible combinations of results that i could get. My chem one was over 50 pages long. This was until my dad realised and thought i was just going to make mysef ill and he made me delete them.

Good luck for results and I hope you've done briliantly

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry people. I read in the Sunday Times that A-Levels were really good this year with a pass rate of 99%. English and history were especially good and they also plan on making maths easier because people are too scared to do it. Personally I think maths is okay. There's no fun in doing loads of easy subjects. I like to challenge myself a bit.....but not too much.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the link to the said article

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...772556,00.html

alivewoman
    x

ReputationRep:
    well done that woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toyosi)
    Don't worry people. I read in the Sunday Times that A-Levels were really good this year with a pass rate of 99%. English and history were especially good and they also plan on making maths easier because people are too scared to do it. Personally I think maths is okay. There's no fun in doing loads of easy subjects. I like to challenge myself a bit.....but not too much.
    Man, I hope that people are not going to start saying that rubbish about A-levels being easier. Cos that AIN'T true! And I hate results day. Still not sure how I'm going to get round to opening the envelope, though the waiting for the results is really bugging me!

ReputationRep:
    lol, alevels we do are definitely easier than what they did in 1995. Have you seen papers from back then?

Ad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    lol, alevels we do are definitely easier than what they did in 1995. Have you seen papers from back then?

Ad
    Does that include the awful P3 exam by edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    hmm, perhaps, because P3 then was a lot bigger and might have included P4 and maybe more.

Generally though, if you look in an old text book there is so much more you would have had to learn if you were doing that subject back then. Physics in particular.

Ad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    hmm, perhaps, because P3 then was a lot bigger and might have included P4 and maybe more.

Generally though, if you look in an old text book there is so much more you would have had to learn if you were doing that subject back then. Physics in particular.

Ad
    Some physics is covered in mechanics these days!

ReputationRep:
    Oooo does this include AS's?

I second what byb3 says in that there is much more content in the previous (old) A-levels than the current new ones of Curriculum 2000.

The level of difficulty is another matter.

Anyway, in regard to the original subject of the thread, I too am quite anxious about the results and that it has caused me to experience some sort of recurring feeling of heaviness in my chest as a result of my nervousness. Results day better come quick so that I can get it over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    well to everyone that did chemistry a level. I found my sisters mock papers from 1991 and i was actually appaled at how easy they seemed in comparison to aqa unit 5. there was a compulsery question which had a 700 word article about some new scientific discovery. All they had todo was condense this into 170 words that would be relevant to an a level student. This was worth half the marks on the paper. She then had to choose 1 quesion out of 8 which focused on 1 vague topic area and answer indepth questions on that 1 topic. So you basically had to have a reasonably deep knowledge but you could get away without having to revise lots of random facts. Also if you had gaps in your knowledge you could still get way with it. She also had a multiple choice exam. Next time she tries to remind me how "easy" my chemistry a level was i'll throw that in her face.

(Original post by Toyosi)
    Don't worry people. I read in the Sunday Times that A-Levels were really good this year with a pass rate of 99%. English and history were especially good and they also plan on making maths easier because people are too scared to do it.
    I did History, if I pass that, I'll be well pleased

Thanks alivewoman for the article :nod:

Mod Edit - Just closed your /quote tag for you. Expression

ReputationRep:
    Don't get too worked up about it, it isn't the end of the world! There's always re-sits available! Unless you already have offers, but even then theres still always re-sits, just take a buffer year to do them and then apply again! I'm taking it all in my stride I don't expect to do as well as i'd hoped so what I do get will be a bonus, then there's always..... RE-SITS! Take it easy chill

ReputationRep:
    The pass rate is E or above, so that's not saying much really. Even A Level MAths, the hardest subject I found in college, could easily be passed. Getting a C or B though, I don't know.

You must be a girl because only girls get emotional like that. I'd recommend a healthy dose of male hormones... It didn't do Anne Widicome any harm.

You must be a girl because only girls get emotional like that. I'd recommend a healthy dose of male hormones... It didn't do Anne Widicome any harm.

*Questions his masculinity after reading the last post*

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.