Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know anything about london city university? what is it's reputation in the uk? how is the social life is going on there? Is it true that it is considered one the best universities in london?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_shihabi)
    does anybody know anything about london city university? what is it's reputation in the uk? how is the social life is going on there? Is it true that it is considered one the best universities in london?
    Thanks
    i'm not really an authority on london unis but nobody else has replied so i felt bad! my friend applied & looked around, i think she liked it as there were quite a few nice new buildings & facilities. i think its in islington area (?) which is ok i think (not living in london, im not the best to ask!). on whether it is one of the best unis in london, i'm a bit dubious - after all london is home to lse, ucl, kings, imperial etc. however it may well be one of the best in whatever your subject is. in the uk as a whole, i guess city would probably be on a par with some of the top ex polys maybe? (like oxford brookes, portsmouth etc). sorry if its not an ex poly - if not maybe on par with hull etc? i really wouldnt take any of what i have said very seriously though, i dont have 100% confidence in what i think i know. perhaps you should post this on the general university discussion board - more people will see it there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyitfc)
    i'm not really an authority on london unis but nobody else has replied so i felt bad! my friend applied & looked around, i think she liked it as there were quite a few nice new buildings & facilities. i think its in islington area (?) which is ok i think (not living in london, im not the best to ask!). on whether it is one of the best unis in london, i'm a bit dubious - after all london is home to lse, ucl, kings, imperial etc. however it may well be one of the best in whatever your subject is. in the uk as a whole, i guess city would probably be on a par with some of the top ex polys maybe? (like oxford brookes, portsmouth etc). sorry if its not an ex poly - if not maybe on par with hull etc? i really wouldnt take any of what i have said very seriously though, i dont have 100% confidence in what i think i know. perhaps you should post this on the general university discussion board - more people will see it there.

hmmm, thinking about it i don't think london city is an ex poly. sorry

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.