Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone recommend a driving company in Edinburgh? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've been researching different driving schools in Edinburgh but totally at a loss. I just want someone who is really patient and nice! My last two instructors really knocked my confidence and were a bit condescending. Anyone recommend any company/independent instructor?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by caram1001)
    Hi guys, I've been researching different driving schools in Edinburgh but totally at a loss. I just want someone who is really patient and nice! My last two instructors really knocked my confidence and were a bit condescending. Anyone recommend any company/independent instructor?

Thanks
    Were these instructors ones you tried through big companies, or just small self-employed instructors?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, they were through big companies. They were nice enough people but I dreaded lessons more because of the instructor rather then the actual lessons.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Hey, they were through big companies. They were nice enough people but I dreaded lessons more because of the instructor rather then the actual lessons.
    Mmmm, ye, the problem with big companies is that it can be hit and miss depending on who you get... have you asked around family and friends with whom they used?

ReputationRep:
    A couple have said Top Cat? I had never heard of them, but its independent. Its also because the people I asked all passed ages ago! Just wanted to see if anyone had any recent experiences or suggestions.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    A couple have said Top Cat? I had never heard of them, but its independent. Its also because the people I asked all passed ages ago! Just wanted to see if anyone had any recent experiences or suggestions.
    Mmm, might be worth looking into them if others have passed well with them... Otherwise my only suggestions would be AA as I had a really great experience!

Hopefully someone else may be able to give tips!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm currently researching! Thanks for helping

ReputationRep:
    Robert Paterson. He's on fb. After 2 lessons i had my dad saying how much my driving had improved after ditching my previous instructor. He's very laid back and explains things well. Can't fault his teaching. Avoid big companies, majority just want your money. That lesson cost me almost £1000 in lessons! Just don't touch RED save your money and sanity.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah staying away from BSM and RED. I've tried looking for Robert Paterson but there's so many, does he have his own driving fb page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/robertsdrivertraining?fref=ts

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.